Forum Home Forum Home > General > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Born in the 50's left in the 70's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Womble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Born in the 50's left in the 70's
    Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:17am
Hi All, I was just sorting out my 96 year old Aunts bungalow and came across loads of old CSP related articles so searched for CSP on the web and came across this site. A lot of the memory late stuff contributors seem to have stopped about 2005 so don't know if they are still around
I was born in 1954 and spent my time in Glebe Road where we lived next to my Aunt who lived next to another Aunt who lived next door to a cousin who lived next to an older aunt. If anyone can work out our family name then you know who I am. Mum used to work in the shop opposite called Scott's.
I have numerous memorabilia from the early 20th century that would be a shame to throw away and I'm sure a museum may welcome it. eg the Souvenir guide to the 1937 coronation, the form of prayer and dedication held the Sunday before the coronation.
Still wading through loads of papers so there could be other stuff. If anyone is interested or knows if anyone else is then PM me.
PS Aunt is still alive but in Care home, hence to sorting out.
Sponsored Links

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 2:13pm
Me,me, me! I just PM'd you, Womble.
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 5:12pm
I wouldn't mind it either so I could (eventually) scan them and add to this web site for everyone to see. I have a whole load of material ready to be uploaded - though just need to find the time...
bgoodman View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 7:14pm
hi, I am currently researching the history of Chalfont St Peter Football Club and Mill Meadow. If you have anything, anything at all ...then I would be most interested.
bg
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 9:23pm
i have fond memory's of scotts during my school years.
stop HS2.
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 8:09am
Womble, the local history & heritage group, Celfunde Inheritance, are running another Living History session this Saturday morning in Chalfont St Peter Library (from 1000 till 1200). It would be wonderful if you could kindly bring along some of the photos etc for scanning. The group would like to preserve the history of the village as held in folks' memories and documents - and make it available to future generations. It would be very public spirited of you to share, therefore.

Anyone with questions about the village might also like to attend. There should be someone there who knows about Mill Meadow etc.
dot poleykett View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2014 at 9:13pm
can clearly remember my mum making clothes for a lady in Scotts stores and I took them to her it may have been your mum. I remember she lived near the Dancers in Glebe road. Many happy memories of Chalfont lived there until our wedding in 1969. Couldn't afford to buy there but you have your memories.
Keep happy.
 Post Reply Post Reply