Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Holy Cross Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Call me cynical

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 6:08pm
They do from West and South Ruislip but not from GX as far as I can tell
Sponsored Links

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by phisch21 phisch21 wrote:

They do from West and South Ruislip but not from GX as far as I can tell

Indeed you are correct! I have informed the person who has been using their oyster card to get on at Marylebone!! Just as well they've never been checked for a ticket. Apparently it lets you gain access to the trains! They had no idea
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2013 at 7:22am
Trouble is you can't sign out so Oyster will charge you the maximum fare, plus you need to get through the barrier at GX, plus if you get caught from West Ruislip onwards, you face a penalty fare.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2013 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Trouble is you can't sign out so Oyster will charge you the maximum fare, plus you need to get through the barrier at GX, plus if you get caught from West Ruislip onwards, you face a penalty fare.

Yup all true! Apparently he hadn't even realised as whenever he has come through at GX it's been peak time and either the barriers have been open or he's just walked through the disabled one which has been open!! I suppose luckily the max fair of £8.30 isn't too different to the real fare and he's never been caught. I'm pretty sure 'I've made an honest mistake, guv' wouldn't have worked!!! He won't be doing it again!!
Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 11:20pm

I'd prefer an underground station with adequate parking.

In response to Bobblehead, Budgens is nothing like you describe. The butchers a match for Judds, the bread better than the bakers, and the coffee shop as good as you can get. As for prices, they are often a match for Tesco and beat them on price on many items.

Another supermarket may hurt them, but they will have to be good.
Sorry, but I have to disagree. Budgens stock is often very poor quality and overpriced. Just this evening I needed a litre of sunflower oil and had to pay £1.45 for the value range of oil. In Tesco, it would have cost me £0.99. Milk, bread and other staples are generally fifteen or more per cent more expensive in budgens than Tesco.

While there I thought about buying some fresh fruit. All I could find was black/brown bananas, soft wrinkly apples and furry strawberries.
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 11:29pm

So a few years ago, i decided to take the central line home and train it from Ruislip, My All Zones would only take me to West Ruislip, I had to buy a ticket to GX, When i got to GX, There was no one checking and i just walked out....ConfusedShocked
why did i bother?

stop HS2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123