Forum Home Forum Home > General > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bails shop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bails shop
    Posted: 08 October 2010 at 9:24pm
just wondering if anyone can help me find old friends. I used to live in chalfont and moved about 1973 to the midlands and lived at monument lane, I was big friends with the bails family who owned the shop at the bottom of the lane and have since lost contact, I now notice the shop is no longer owned by the family but would like to get in touch with them if anyone can help?
Sponsored Links

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 2:42pm
no idea where they are now, can remember going in there in the 70's on the way to school for a 1/4 of  sweets...lol
Searching...
gunners View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 5:21pm
thanks for replying chris. I have booked to stay at the greyhound in january for my 50th and was hoping to look up people, that might of known me when living in chalfont. I used to spend alot of time at bails shop as i grew up with there son and daughter( john & susan).
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 6:04pm
I'm  40, born in CSP in 1970, so you were a different year class to me.
gunners View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 7:22pm
I was about 12 when my parents decided to move from chalfont to the midlands in 1973 and lost contact with lots of old school friends. so now my next birthday is my 50th, i have decided to visit the village i loved as a kid growing up and it would of been nice to meet up with anyone that knew me whilst there. but it will be nice to travel about chalfont and see the changes in the last 37 years (not too many i hope).
tobic View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 12:11pm
you will need a helmet and a kevlar vest when walking through the village these days, going by some of the posts on this forum.
I was a bit before your time as I left in 1972 to come to Australia.....age 30

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
PCSO Brennan View Drop Down
TVP
TVP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PCSO Brennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by tobic tobic wrote:

you will need a helmet and a kevlar vest when walking through the village these days, going by some of the posts on this forum.
I was a bit before your time as I left in 1972 to come to Australia.....age 30

Its not so bad tobic. People only ever want to read the bad news though dont they...how quickly did the "Good News" thread dwindle down to nothing?

How are things over your way? Have you been effected by the floods?
Chalfont Common & Central | Goldhill & Austenwood
Chiltern South NHPT
Non Emergency Number: 08458 505 505

purbeckgirl View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purbeckgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 10:36pm
Are you still looking for the Bails?
 Post Reply Post Reply