Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Holy Cross Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VILLAGE DESIGN STATEMENT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judge Jeffreys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VILLAGE DESIGN STATEMENT
    Posted: 26 April 2010 at 10:45pm
The first draft of the VDS is now on the Parish Council Website. Villagers are being asked to make comments. It was put together by Villagers over the last year (anyone who attended the Planning Aid workshops will know about it) This is a very important document for the Village so please take time to have a look and comment

[URL=http://http://www.chalfontstpeter-pc.gov.uk/village_design_statement_and_parish_plan.html]
Don't knock my house down!
Sponsored Links

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2010 at 4:26pm
I've read through the VDS and agree with the majority of it, we want to preserve what is left of our village, and any new development, which is inevitable, needs to be done sensitively and to have the necessary infrastructure to support it.
So, what is in the VDS makes sense, my question is, are the planning authorities obliged to take note of it, or is it no more than a Village "wish list" which they can just ignore? 
Sunray
Judge Jeffreys View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judge Jeffreys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:01am
The VDS once adopted by CDC becomes a material planning document. It must then be taken into account in planning applications. Its unique in Europe as a planning document that local communities can put together. Lets hope CDC do not try and block it!   WELL DONE CSP !
Don't knock my house down!
 Post Reply Post Reply