Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

edith bell..help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevejarrett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 9:34pm
who was that then?
Sponsored Links

ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 6:58am
Pat Reeves
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
maggyread View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggyread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 4:20pm
 Edith Bell was my mother.  My parents moved here in 1939.  My father was Ken Bell who was a concert pianist and organist.  Edith Bell House was named after her.  She was a tireless worker in the community for many years before her death in 1985.  A district and parish councillor, she was also a founder of the Chalfont St. Peter Arts Festival which ran for some 40 years and unfortunately folded because of lack of help.  She founded the Misbourne Arts Society which still runs today. Was founder chairman of the Gravel Hill Managers and later Robertswood School.  She was also involved in the building of the Leisure Centre swimming pool, being a qualified swimming teacher herself. She was also a governor of Old Job's as it was known (now Chalfonts Community College).  Keenly interested in all aspects of village life and once stood for election as an independent (but did not get in) She believed that party politics should not come into local communities. There are many more things but I cannot remember them all.  In all this acitivity she did not neglect her home or her children in any way.
maggyread View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggyread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 1:24pm

Is your other half Pat Reeves.  She lived next door to Edith Bell my mother for many years and was in fact one of my bridesmaids.   Where is Jose I have not seen her for a long time and usually bumped into her in Budgens.

maggyread View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggyread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 10:57am
Edith Bell was my mother.  She was heavily involved in local politics and I have a list of activities that she instigated.  Maggy Read 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123