Forum Home Forum Home > General > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

alton towers hotel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alton towers hotel
    Posted: 03 April 2008 at 10:30am
 well not really sue what i expected- but it was better than i thought, yes its overly themed, but hotel was comfortable, not too busy ( mideweek stay for me )- bar prices were ok, and food in the 'bistro' was good and not overly expensive, - child friendly - of course and very much family orientated.....

whilst you are there check out the HEX ride in the park.... it messes with your senses.......
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

Martyc View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 1:06pm
I've been on the Hex, and messes with your senses is an understatement.
Whereas Rita Queen of Speed just messes you up!
Roy B View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 10:10pm
The waterpark in the hotel is good fun, but i still think the best ride is OBLIVION. fantastic.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 12:53pm
rita is mad.... it looks slow at ground level, but when you are on it its a different story.......
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2008 at 11:46am
DID YOU KNOW RITA IS HALF OF STEALTH AT THORPE PARK, THE RIDE WAS 'CUT IN 2'  AND THEN RELOCATED.............
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 11:41pm
Rita was mental, Oblivian made me sick (thought i was gona have a heart attack NEVER AGAIN) Air is just wonderfull and the Hex is wiieerrddddd!!

LOVE ALTON TOWERS, SOOO AMAZIN!! Thumbs%20Up
i am happy!! Pierre is just intoxicated
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 7:25am
THeme parks in the UK are nothing compared to the ones in Florida.  The rides are twice as long and the queues are only ever an hour max!  Even for the thrill seeker rides.  The attention to detail is amazing at Universal and Disney,  far surpasses anything ALton towers, thorpe park etc can muster up
Is back in the game! :)
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 11:21am
I HAVE TO AGREE.... THE BUDGETS FOR NEW RIDES IN THE USA REFLECT THIS ALSO....

UNIVERSAL HAVE PLANS FOR A NEW RIDE WHICH COSTS MORE THAN THE TOTAL COST TO BUILD THE WHOLE OF  LEGOLAND WINDSOR.....

FOR MY SINS I  WILL BE GOING TO FLORIDA LATER IN 2008 TO TRY OUT THE NEW STUFF THEY HAVE TO OFFER....ITS A HARD LIFE..........
CASE View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CASE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 12:17pm
bring the fair back in margate,now that was fun!!
 Post Reply Post Reply