Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Chat To The Bucks Ad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bucks ad website launched

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Voyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bucks ad website launched
    Posted: 30 March 2007 at 4:42pm
Just to let you know that the Buckinghashire Advertiser website has now officially been launched so if you get a mo please have a look at www.buckinghamshireadvertiser.co.uk

You can post stories and events etc and if you email pictures in, julievoyce@trinitysouth.co.uk, we will upload them to the site. You can also comment on the stories that we feature. I'll be interested to hear what you think and whether you would like to see any other areas added to it.

Julie Voyce
Editor
Sponsored Links

jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 4:45pm
Is the website the same content as the printed newspaper or is it a separate entity?  I did look at it - nobody seems to have commented on a story yet.
Life is a balancing act
GOP
Julie Voyce View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Voyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 5:10pm
The site will be a mixture of stories that appear in print, both before and after the newspaper comes out, and stories specifically for the website. The site will be more bitesize news and the newspaper more indepth.
We also hope people will post details of events in the area and things that they notice going on. Starting next week we will be introducing bloggers so hopefully they will be of interest.
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 9:29am
Your left hand nav bar on the front page is broken. Also, it doesn't carry through to other pages on the site, i.e you cannot get to Reviews from Sport, only the front page.
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 12:02pm
seems to be completely broken now - just giving me an linux apache test page
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 3:32pm
Well, now the nav bar is broken for all the pages, so I guess that's a start!

Have posted a comment on a story, will be interesting to see if it gets put up:

"Concerns were also raised about bus services and the loss of the 300. County Councillor Peter Roberts said the county council were looking into increasing the 305 from a two- an-hour to a one-an-hour service."

Surely changing the 305 service to one-an-hour is a reduction in service rather than an increase?

Also, don't the 305 and the 300 go to different places? The 305 is High Wycombe-Uxbridge and the 300 doesn't pass through GX at all, although the 353 does.

Edited by DanW - 04 April 2007 at 3:32pm
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Voyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 5:35pm
It appears we had a few technical problems earlier, but I think it is all up and running again now. Please let me know of you spot anything that isn't working or if you are still having problems. All posted comments have been uploaded now too.

Many thanks

Julie
Barn Owl View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barn Owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 8:32pm
Can't find the letters page.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Voyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:51pm
Letters aren't uploaded to the site at the moment. I am not sure yet whether we will do in the future, but will post again on here if we do!

Julie
 Post Reply Post Reply