Forum Home Forum Home > General > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Graceland - Memphis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertswoodPTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graceland - Memphis
    Posted: 02 February 2007 at 1:40am
Mr RPTA & I did a weekend trip away to visit Memphis. Not much to see but Graceland and Sun Studio (where Elvis and others first recorded) and very cold compared to Florida!

I am not a huge Elvis fan to be honest - only ever heard of him when he died but I really enjoyed my trip to Graceland. Mr RPTA is a big fan and has always wanted to go...

Not a huge mansion as you would expect - more of a family home and it has been kept as it was when Elvis lived and died there. He had a raquetball buiding built in the grounds which is now home to all his stage costumes and Gold Discs etc and his private jets and car collections are also now on site for public viewing. Took over 4 hours to go round it all...

Sun Studio was fascinating and we had a private tour which was great (arrived late in the day and nobody else was there!). Got to stand in the spot Elvis did to record and hold the very same original microphone he used Smile

Worth the visit if you get the chance Smile
Sponsored Links

Magoo View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 7:20pm
Thinking of booking a trip for my in-laws but not sure whether to look into Memphis or Nashvile?
They like a bit of country music/Elvis.
 Post Reply Post Reply