Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum > Recipes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lamb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lamb
    Posted: 16 January 2007 at 11:08am
Have a couple of nice lamb steaks but want to do something different than just a roast.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 11:49am
Mince it and make Moussaka
Mince and add onion and a little mint and make into lamb burgers (serve in Foccacia)
Dice it and make a lamb curry
Lamb koftas
Any sort of hotpot
Any spicy rub (cajun for instance) and serve with a salad
All sorts of North African cooking is good for lamb - check google!
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 12:15pm
I have been googling but couldn't find anything I fancied. Had chicken curry yesterday (which was quite successful, obviously better than Tripti but not quite up to Tabla standards though).

I don't want to mince the lamb, that would be a waste and I'd buy minced lamb if I wanted that.

I am toying with the idea of serving with salad but it's a bit cold for that.

I am thinking along the lines of something Greek

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 12:59pm
Mincing lamb steak is the only way to get decent lamb mine - the stuff that I've bought previously has been woeful. As for Greek, then koftas served on a mixed rice dish with Tsatziki is good.
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Emsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 12:17pm
I do a lamb tagine and a lamb curry but if you don't want to cut it up then they would probably not be much use.
A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 1:13pm
Ah that's the idea. I didn't mind cutting it up, just didn't want to mince it.

It the end we just had it as a roast but I'll keep the lamb tagine in mind for future.

Post Reply Post Reply