Forum Home Forum Home > Organisations > Neighbourhood Action Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

November 11th - Community Clear Up Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NAG Moderator
NAG Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: November 11th - Community Clear Up Day
    Posted: 29 October 2006 at 8:55pm

From the Ringmaster message posted by BB:

"We would like to make you aware of a local clear up event which is being organised by Chiltern District Council focusing on the following roads of Chalfont St Peter, including Leachcroft, Weedon Close, Grove Lane, Nicol Road, Nicol Close, Eleanor Road, Glebe Road, Tunmers End,Tunmers Court, Pinetree Close,Lovel End, Grove Hill, Grove End, Lovel Mead, Lovel Road,

There will be a week of activities in the area starting on Monday 6 November and running throughout the week.  Activities will include some fire risk checks, clearing fly tipped rubbish and graffiti removal. Then on Saturday 11 November there will be a community day when local

Residents will be encouraged to participate. Police, Community Support officers and crime reduction officers will be on hand to offer advice. Maggie Bungard, Anti social Behaviour officer at Chiltern District Council would welcome your input and involvement, both in the planning  and during the event itself so if you have any questions please call her on 01494 732177."

Edited by Grovesy
Sponsored Links

Grovesy View Drop Down
NAG Moderator
NAG Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2006 at 9:02pm
For your info...

There will be some free food (bbq) available at the Leisure Centre in the car park for this event, kindly provided by Gold Hill BC...feel free to drop by for a bacon roll and a cuppa. 12pm - 3pm

Paul Morris of Fineland Forestry is leading a team of local residents in helping to clear some of the alleyway to improve visibility.

Liam Eaglestone and some leaders from the Youth Centre will be getting some young people involved in Graffitti Clearing and Litter Picking...

If you do want to get involved in any way - please PM me, I'm helping to organise some aspects of this event.  If you live in any of the roads mentioned you should have got, or getting a leaflet through your door soon explaining some more about this event.

Grovesy

Edited by Grovesy
Grovesy View Drop Down
NAG Moderator
NAG Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 9:09am

Just a reminder that this Clear Up day is happining.  If you want to meet with local police officers or fire service for crime & fire prevention advice they will be at the leisure centre from 11-3pm.  Tea/Coffee/Food available freely. Local councillors available from 11-12pm for a surgery. 

If you want to help out with litterpicking in the area, or graffitti removal, let me know so I can make sure there is ample equipment there for you.

Cheers - grovesy

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 11:14am
was out of chalfont most of sat..... how did it go ? a good turnout ?
need a stella and i need one now !
Grovesy View Drop Down
NAG Moderator
NAG Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 11:57am

Thanks for asking BB

Great turnout!  All told about 60 people from the community turned out, in addition to police, fire, council(s). Fire brigade did a number of smoke detector installations and the police were on habd to give crime prevention advice.

There were a large number of bulky items collected, graffitti removed from the alleyway, foliage cleared back form the alleyways to improve access and visibility (thanks to Paul Morris for providing that).

Lots of food eaten (kindly provided by Gold HIll BC and the Village Hall) and a good time had by all.  The real strength of it though was just getting different people from the community talking and working together.

I think we will be planning  another one sometime in April - I'll keep you posted...

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
MARGARET MEAD
 Post Reply Post Reply