Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum > Recipes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

quick, cheap meals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: quick, cheap meals
    Posted: 24 August 2006 at 2:37pm

When i was living with my 1st bf things where a bit tight, so we used to make up some recipes that cost next to nothing but fill you up!

My fav was.....

Pasta and beans! And if you wanted to push the boat out you could sprinkle some cheese on top... YUM

i am happy!! Pierre is just intoxicated
Sponsored Links

phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 2:52pm
Pasta with green beans and pesto is nice.
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 2:55pm

ohhh another fav was 2 pieces of toast and egg on each then a layer of beans and cheese on top then under the grill! Fabulous!

Fans View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 9:31am
Tuna Macaroni(or any other pasta) - Fry an onion & mushrooms if you have them, mix in a tin of tuna, a tin of Campbells condensed Tomato Soup, handful of mixed herbs, & mix with as much cooked pasta as you like - usually I make enough for 4.  Put in dish with grated cheese on top, place under grill & serve with toast or french bread.  Yummy, quick & cheap meal for 4 
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 12:11pm
beat a couple of eggs with salt and pepper. take two slices of bread and make a mozarella sandwich. Dip the sandwich in the egg and fry in butter till crispy on the outside and the mozarella has melted in the middle.
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 9:15pm
ohhh i do that last 1 with bacon instead of cheese, maybe ill try bacon and cheese
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2006 at 5:28pm
had pasta and beans this week for dinner hee hee. Well theres no point in cooking a meal for one its no fun. I used hienz meanz beans (sweet chilli flavour) to spice things up a bit and added cheese on top..... perfik!
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2006 at 5:30pm
oh and for all you diet mad people/ladies on here i lost a few pounds eating this all week
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 10:11am

Tuna Pasta Bake

Open a tin of chopped tomatoes into a pan and add a splash of olive oil, touch of chilli powder, touch of lemon juice, spoonful of sugar, dash of tomato ketchup (instead of tomato puree which tends to go out of date and finds it's way to the back of the fridge), and pinch of salt/pepper.

Boil up some pasta shells and when they turn soft (but don't overcook) transfer into an ovendish. Mix the pasta sauce and add tuna (or shallow fry some ham or bacon instead), and cover with grated cheese.

Cook at 180c until the cheese browns and serve.

Quick, cheap and easy.

Edited by Malc London
pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 11:35pm

when I was a poor impoverished person, (like now!) I used to fall back upon my reserves of past restaurant meals and pour all the swiped sachets of ketchup, brown sauce salt, vinegar, sugar, tartar and various mustards into a saucepan and warm them up.

mmmmmmm! poverty!

and what makes a tasty change is if you lick it off your fingers, you can pretend you're eating sausages!

(I'm p*ssed again!)

Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
 Post Reply Post Reply