Forum Home Forum Home > General > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ask, Old Amersham

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ask, Old Amersham
    Posted: 25 July 2006 at 1:12pm

This chain restaurant have a place in Old Amersham where the Griffin used to be (ages ago). They've kept alot of the features of the building (beams etc) yet fitted it out in a light modern way which works surprisingly well. Plus they have a little garden out the back so you can eat outside (mind the dratted wasps though).

I can thoroughly recommend the goats cheese salad (though probably not really such a healthy choice as one had hoped). They have a good range of pastas, pizzas and salad. We had two courses, washed down with a bottle of valpolicella and paid only £14 each. Tasty and bargainous.

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
Sponsored Links

Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 3:20pm
I have not been there for a while but have always found the staff pleasant and the food good value for money and some of the pizza toppings are unusual (but very tasty)
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
baldsam View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldsam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 3:38pm
I wish they kept that place as the Griffin, i used to virtually live in there in my college days!.
My avatar is discribed as "doggy"...its not quite what i had in mind..
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 7:45pm
Ask are generally very good - same sort of thing as Pizza Express, Zizzi, etc. Good for taking kids to. It certainly is "bargainous" too.
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 9:33pm
I was taken for a meal in there a few months back and the food was very tasty, i will definatley be going there again! A*
i am happy!! Pierre is just intoxicated
jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 11:18pm

Have only been to Ask once - in Chichester some years ago.  Absolute c**p so haven't ventured in one since.

ReTrO View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReTrO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 7:03am
I went to the Ask in High Wycombe a while back and that was very good too.
Allez Wasps

Rick

Olim vespa, semper vespa

Post Reply Post Reply