Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 12:49am
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2006 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by ArtB ArtB wrote:

Unfortunately the photos are un-dated, Feast Day was obviously still being held on Gold Hill Common.This one, taken on the same day, shows a lively youth club with a Buddy Holly theme. 

Art 

This Picture was taken in 1977 the theme was Punk Rock meets Rock n Rock ( Iam the one standing at the back looking like a Ted) I belive this was the first Feast Day for some time I remember the big marque with a disco at the end of the nigth.

Edited by Gary
Colin View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 8:57pm
I remember these pictures. I distinctly remember seeing the push me pull you car in Amersham at some street fair or something. And if I remember Gary, you used pretty much a whole tub of Brylecream on your head that day, and had great fun washing it out. I can also recognise some other faces on the float, but names escape me at present.
Gary View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:45am

Names I remember from the left are Julie Joy, Me, Not sure? Deb Smith, Avril Payne, I think Sue Clark her friend and sister, Karen Lawley. Lesley Ormerod and Polly Williamson I know that Alan Bentley was just behind Deb. Mandy Beange was on there to I think she is sitting with her back to the camera

Reid View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 7:22pm
It was in the 60's I think, and as I remember there was at the same time a Citroen DS which only had three wheels, to demonstrate how stable it was. Strange days indeed.

reid
RED
Mary Willis View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary Willis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2008 at 11:24pm
my father and uncle put up the clock in 1953 it was usually known as the coronation clock they had a shop in oakend way for some years wc and f dobson were local electricians. the shop sold mostly electrical goods but being a good business man my dad frank also had the gas franchise!LOL
Mary
Roy B View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 9:38pm
Hi Gary, i will show Alan Bentley this picture he is coming round tomorrow night.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12