Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Chat To The Bucks Ad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBucks Ad front page 26th May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 12:21pm

I also do as much of my banking as possible online. If there is something that I definitely can't do online then I go into the branch. On the phone I get fed up having to listen to things that I don't want to (like my account balance) before I speak to anyone, and then spelling every detail out and repeating myself 5 times.

I don't like call centres in general..I think that if I am a valued customer then I shouldn't have to wait ages and waste my time. I like what BT are doing now; they call you back when you get to the top of the queue.

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
Sponsored Links

pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

I am against this policy of exporting jobs to places like India. Initially only those with a good command of English were employed but I notice more and more how difficult it is to communicate as pronouciation and abilty to speak the English language no longer seems to be a requirement of the job.

I agree 110% with you Malc. All our English people, whatever their colour or race are British employees, and to give their jobs to a foreign country because the corporate can save money is a short sighted prank that will sureley bite their arses off in the longterm!

e.g. person with English upbringing gets cse's, gets job in Habbeylefaxwestclaysbc bank plc and works his/her way up for 20 years then gets told the job is off to a country where a degree educated young person will do the job for one third of the price.

Then in another country, the same young person doing the same job at one third of the price is so successful they form a union and demand better pay because their english counterparts are payed two thirds more but are less qualified.

can't wait! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12