Forum Home Forum Home > General > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLa Rucola

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2006 at 8:34am
Have been a few times as my parents still live in the next road. It's not as good as Marcellos
Sponsored Links

moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2006 at 10:32pm

Had a feeling it might not be, which is why I haven't been to La Rucola yet

Marcellos was FANTASTIC. Orlando showed me how to make amaretti wrappers float to the ceiling, whilst on fire, and I had my 13th birthday party/meal there!

Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
Mark View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 3:11pm
Have any of you been there since it has been refurbed?
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 3:16pm
Nope - am going on Sunday though, so will let you know.
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 11:18am
Went there on Sunday and was very disappointed.

The food was still brilliant but the service left a lot to be desired and I prefer the old decor as it now feels like a pizza chain restaurrant.

The service was slow and often rude. When my brother asked for a jug of water for the table he was told (rather sharply) that they only did water by the glass and we were only brought one glass of water (even though there were six people at the table). Trying to pay for the meal was a nightmare as well. We asked 4 different people for the bill and it still took nearly 30mins to arrive.

All in all I would no longer recommend this restaurant (which is a shame as the food is lovely).
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 12:08pm

Went to Rucola in Denham last Thursday.  Did not have a great welcome.  We are non-smokers and were pleased to see no ash trays on tables.  Asked if it was all non-smoking.  Did we want to smoke?  NO. Directed to a table and assumed it was in the non-smoking area.  Ordered wine and was about to order food when 2 people were seated at nearby table.  We noticed packets of cigarettes placed on table and asked (head?)waiter about to take our order if those people would be smoking.  Yes.  So is this not the non-smoking area?  He seemed not to understand the question and kept on about there is no law.  That wasn't the point, we were asking if we were in the non-smoking area.  It was difficultto get an answer but, if we understood correctly, there was no non-smoking area and smoking is permitted anywhere. If only he had answered correctly in the first place.  There were only about 3 tables occupied in the whole place and we wondered if the smokers were deliberately seated near us. 

We left, will not go back!! 

Edited by jessama
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12