Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chalfonts Nursing Home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chalfonts Nursing Home
    Posted: 05 January 2022 at 5:07pm
Hello, I'm looking for any information about a maternity unit in the Chalfonts Nursing Home, Chalfont St Peter.  

This is the registered name on my birth certificate in the 50s and it may have been a private ward at a hospital in Chalfont St Peter. (It's not the Stone in Chalfont St Giles)
Thank you.
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 6:13pm
there was a nursing home of sorts at the top of Goldhill. I guess it was the first building after the convent grounds. I believe it’s now Mulberry Court care home. It lays right back in the corner. 
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Radnage View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2022 at 8:47am
I asked the Fremantle Trust which now owns Mulberry Court. The only information they have is that the property was previously known as Hibbert Lodge before they bought it which was probably a replacement. 
building.

They suggested checking Council planning records department. Do you or anyone else know which one that would now be?
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 7:17am
Hibbert Lodge was built in the 80's by the look of it. It was built on the site of a property called "The Chestnuts" according to https://www.chiltern.gov.uk/media/11459/Gold-Hill-East/pdf/Gold_Hill_East.pdf?m=636416055725470000

The property is visible in some of Watsy's photographs which are labelled "The Chestnuts"  but refer more to the two Chestnut trees that stood on the common in front of the house.

*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 8:39am
Eventually found a reference to "Chalfonts Nursing Home". Trouble is the info is scanned/digitised by the look of it therefore unformatted so a little bit of guesswork provides:

Gerrards Cross Chalfonts Nursing Home
Packhorse Road
Maternity, Acute and Minor Surgical

Gerrards Cross White House (Annex to Chalfonts)
North Park
Maternity, Medical, Convalescent, Aged, Infirm

Gerrards Cross Dawn House
South Park
Medical, Convalescent, Aged, Infirm

Edit: Found original as well.

Edited by ArtB - 09 January 2022 at 10:13am
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2022 at 3:38pm
Found this in a 'Directory of Gerrards Cross and District' published in 1950.

GX Nursing Home
Radnage View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2022 at 8:22am
Thank you for finding this.

Edited by Radnage - 12 January 2022 at 8:23am
Radnage View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2022 at 8:24am
That's great, fascinating information. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply