Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Local Elections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Local Elections
    Posted: 25 April 2021 at 5:57pm
I see we have 2 Independent Candidates standing for the Parish Council, I admire their commitment standing against the oranized structure of the Conservatives. If they get in we may, at last, get some local CSP issues dealt with.
Sunray
Sponsored Links

AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2021 at 8:45pm
what issues are you saying that independent councillors can deal with that conservative ones cannot? And why can they deal with them when you say conservatives can’t? Serious question.
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2021 at 9:25pm
I'm not saying Conservative councillors can not deal with the issues, just that they have not dealt with them. It took a resident to get the parking sorted, no one has dealt with the plague of potholes, litter bins have been removed so now we have more litter, the Village is plagued with graffiti nothing has been done. These are local issues that I want the Parish Council to be dealt with, either directly,  or, where they can't, by pressurising BCC.
Sunray
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 4:15pm
Having an all conservative parish council (with the exception of Karen Dickson) , 3 of which are also county councillors , isn’t good, we all need balance and people with a variety of outlooks and viewpoints. I also think that if people are standing for a variety of political positions they are more likely imho to prioritise their own positions rather than those of the village.

Also, if there is no political advantage to having conservative parish councillors, why do they field a candidate against an independent if they refuse to stand as a conservative? Surely on a parish council the persons commitment and expertise are more important, clearly not to our local conservatives.

I also agree with Sunray that some councillors have shown they’re not fighting for the village, not all of course!! But to name the good you indirectly name the bad!! We all have 4 votes, please, please use 2 to keep Karen Dickson on the council and add Anne Marie Vlader, Karen is a proven work horse and huge advocate for the village and Anne Marie has proven herself tenacious and resilient and motivated! We need that.

Edited by EmmaO - 02 May 2021 at 12:59pm
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 6:25pm
Well I’ve been and voted and was surprised that there were lots of new names for the parish council for the conservatives so my above post is now incorrect! 3 we’re on both councils but that isn’t the case now.....
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 7:02pm
I think it’s fair to say that Labour do not stand much of a chance (an understatement quite rightly) but when their candidates put their address as “address Buckinghamshire” they’ve signed their own political death warrants. At least the rest have the courage to be open. I suggest there will be a mix of Tories and Independents. Hartlepool should be fun eh?! 😂
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 10:12am
Anyone know when the results are announced?
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:26pm
I spoke to Tony Shinner and Anne Marie outside and they said today (saturday).
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 10:43pm
They got in! Karen, Anne Marie, Tony, Murray Harrold, Johnathan Rush and Ruth Ryan, 39% turnout. Congratulations to them all.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 11:02pm
Only 1438 voted though, thought that was low....
 Post Reply Post Reply