Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Judds.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Judds.....
    Posted: 10 March 2021 at 11:32pm
Some of you may know that our fantastic village butcher Rob has decided to semi retire and the shop will be run by a new young butcher, Josh. Really sad to see him go after all these years but wish him all the best and a happy rest! He’ll be sorely missed. His last day is Saturday 27th March for those that want to drop by.

Edited by EmmaO - 11 March 2021 at 6:40am
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Sponsored Links

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 10:27am
Agree, we will miss him, some of the best meat I have ever had, his chicken was always full of flavour, let's hope Josh can maintain the high standard and the warm welcome you always got from Rob.
Sunray
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 7:52pm
I met him on Saturday and he seems really nice, cheerful and friendly, full of bbq ideas! I think he’ll be great especially with Rob mentoring him.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 6:37pm
So! Hopefully we’re all enjoying the new butcher Josh, he seems very nice and has lots of ideas to offer us good service, I’ve found so far he’s been very helpful and cheerful! He tells me he’s going to have a different offer on each week so this week for example its rolled sirloin at £19.99 a kg. I get the impression that he’d get in anything people wanted too, so if people have ideas then nip in and let him know, he’s very keen to get us all in there!

Edited by EmmaO - 04 May 2021 at 6:39pm
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 7:10pm
I agree with you Emma. He told one day this week that he had been up at 3am to go to Smithfield’s to buy meat so he’s obviously keen! Pork ribs are very good too. 👍

Edited by AlpinaB5 - 07 May 2021 at 7:08am
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by AlpinaB5 AlpinaB5 wrote:

I agree with you Emma. He told one day this week that he had been up at 3am to go to Smithfield’s to buy meat so he’s obviously keen! Pork ribs are very good too. 👍

Shame the meat isn't locally sourced.

Still far superior and not too much more than supermarket meat.

Good luck to him.👍
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:28pm
I believe lots is locally sourced and by and large he’s using the same suppliers as Rob did, I think he’s just trying to put his own mark and I guess Smithfield’s is probably still the place to go? 🤷🏻‍♀️
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 4:07pm
whilst we have local farms, we don’t have local abbatoirs. You can’t just go to a farm and buy a few bulls, pigs and sheep 😂
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 9:36pm
Just spoken to Josh, he’s bought some lovely Welsh Lamb, it ain’t local (for a good reason), but get in there. It looks lovely. 👍👍
 Post Reply Post Reply