Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parking restrictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parking restrictions
    Posted: 23 February 2021 at 9:38am
New parking restrictions are in place along "Lower Road", between 10.00am and 4.00pm parking limited to 2 hours, and there are far less parking bays, it will significantly help the traffic flow along there.
Sunray
Sponsored Links

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 4:39pm
And surrounding roads without parking restrictions will take the hit!
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2021 at 10:33am
Fantastic work by Anne Marie and Tony who have worked for 3 years plus to get restrictions put in place. I believe there are additional lines going in around Orchard Grove and The Vale too? Hopefully the office staff will now (when they are back) park in the village car parks and walk to the office as it was primarily them that was causing an issue. Sadly if they park in other roads those residents will have to go through the same process that Croft Road and Lower Road residents have had to go through. Massive thanks to all those who worked to make this happen.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2021 at 9:00pm
Is there a park and ride system in place too? I often see the bus ferrying from the offices to (I assume) somewhere in the Chalfont Park area. There’s no reason for them to park in the village at all if so, and maybe the employers need to emphasise the point to their staff.
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2021 at 6:38am
Originally posted by AlpinaB5 AlpinaB5 wrote:

Is there a park and ride system in place too? I often see the bus ferrying from the offices to (I assume) somewhere in the Chalfont Park area. There’s no reason for them to park in the village at all if so, and maybe the employers need to emphasise the point to their staff.

I believe it picks up staff near Costa's in GX.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2021 at 4:26pm
People who work in the village have every right to park in the village. 

The workers bring much needed revenue to the shops and restaurants in the village. 

Edited by Malc London - 23 March 2021 at 4:28pm
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2021 at 2:47pm
I do agree Malc London and they can park in the car parks available to them, use the park and ride, park sensibly on street. They do not have the right to park how and where they like though! It's a shame they couldn't park sensibly on the roads in the first place but they were just so selfish, blocking driveways, parking right up to the edge of driveways and then opposite driveways so it was actually impossible to get your car off the drive, all over the pavements, etc.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2021 at 6:54pm
The problem is what causes them to want to park 'there' in the first place. Poor long term planning by local authorities (and the government), local authorities without the ability to say NO. Planning policies that escalate house prices. New estates with insufficient parking on the basis that if you restrict parking then cycling, walking, car sharing, etc. will be encouraged. One day they'll realise that urbanisation is not needed, sustainable communities are. 
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2021 at 6:54pm
If an employer provides a park and ride system there is obviously a good reason and so employees should use it. The reason is clearly to prevent them from taking up many spaces available to local residents. It would not surprise me if it was part of the planning permission to build the offices in the first place. It’s just common sense and it is irrelevant if they buy sandwiches for lunch locally. They were obviously causing a serious problem on Lower Road and fortunately it’s now been resolved. I know some of the employees and I doubt they will boycott the sandwich shops because they have to use the P&R. Onwards and upwards.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2021 at 1:50pm
If you could save £900 per year by parking on the street, would you do so? The yellow lines will just more the traffic to other local roads. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>