Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hamilton roars to true F1 greatness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hamilton roars to true F1 greatness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hamilton roars to true F1 greatness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: 15 November 2020 at 11:55am
7 times World Championship winner after an awesome race finishing off a truly dominant season.

Congratulations Lewis Hamilton, the finest F1 driver Britain has ever produced by a country heffing mile!!
Sponsored Links

watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 11:17am
Completely agree, and not just one of the greatest F1 drivers but one of the greatest Athletes this country has produced.  Has to win SPOTY this year ....
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by watsy watsy wrote:

Completely agree, and not just one of the greatest F1 drivers but one of the greatest Athletes this country has produced.  Has to win SPOTY this year ....
Can you please explain what is so athletic about him?

Genuine question. 
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 11:13pm
I know the question wasnt aimed at me but I would say that he is an athlete to cope with all the pressures and fitness required of a modern F1 car and of course you dont have to be involved in athelitcs to be an athlete.

I would suggest that Rodger Federer and Tiger Woods are both athletes; of course I wouldnt go as far as saying someone like a snooker player was one
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 11:55am
I'm only a passing supporter of F1, but I believe the G force of each corner is phenomenal and keeping that going for 90 mins or so means you have to be incredibly strong and fit. 20 odd races a year is a lot of physical stress.  Also mental strength which any athlete also has to have to ensure you are on the absolute limit knowing one wrong take is you out of the race or worse (death - not your average athletes issue!). MV owner picked up my inference of not just an athlete, also tennis, cycling, swimming (Adam Peaty is also one of our true greats), hockey, football.   Also considered the technology argument but Bottas has the same machine and Mansell, Button and Hill were also well feted in their day with the best equipment and achieved far less for more SPOTY recognition. Athletes use footwear and improved track surfaces to improve performance, cyclists obviously their bikes - snooker players not so sure about cue technology lol
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 12:01pm
No doubt someone will be along in a mo to say that this shouldnt be on this forum, I'd agree but anyway theres not much else to chat about.

Bottas has the same equipment as Hamilton and I am sure they are all superb drivers.  Anyone saying 'its the car' is talking nonsense because otherwise my Granny (and even Bottas) would give Hamilton a run for his money.

Fact of the matter remains is that as evidenced by the gap to Bottas; Hamilton just take it to another level from the rest of the field by far and is in a different league.  A complete other level and whilst I like Bottas; its the same as going onto court with Nadal if you are 100th best in the world; unless you are even anywhere near his level, its over before its started and to me thats down to Hamiltons mindset, team and of course to some extent the equipment

Edited by MV Owner - 17 November 2020 at 12:02pm
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 5:24pm
I'm quite happy to watch you lot chatting about the GP, it's quite pleasant and quite interesting. I'm not a fan at all really but I am delighted he's doing so well also, nice to have things to be proud about. We used to have lots of random chats on here years ago but they gradually dropped off. Makes a change from COVID or BREXIT!!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 6:15pm
truly inspirational stuff
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2020 at 8:01pm
Hopefully he'll win Sports personality tonight
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2020 at 9:20am
That’s you very happy then!?
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>