FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why I am fed up.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Motty View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2020 at 10:25am
EmmO, Curious to know why you disagreed with my ref to US? I wasnt meaning to criticise but merely to point out their views on the way public money is spent and how we seem to follow.
Regards
Motty
Sponsored Links

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by purbeckgirl purbeckgirl wrote:

In the councils defence, the government has repeatedly cut the money they are given during the past decade of austerity.
Given the staggering amount that Covid is costing I cannot see that this is likely to improve.

Yet they still find money to spend on other non essential projects such as designated cycle lanes by shutting roads and sticking up temporary flower boxes as barriers then spend more money reverting back due to it being a proven cock up!

Lower Rd!!
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
purbeckgirl View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purbeckgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2020 at 9:06am
In the councils defence, the government has repeatedly cut the money they are given during the past decade of austerity.
Given the staggering amount that Covid is costing I cannot see that this is likely to improve.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2020 at 6:37pm
Enjoy your tea, yes I should have said I agree with all EXCEPT the comment re America!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Motty View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2020 at 5:08pm
Well I would agree with everything that has been said, when was the last time you saw a new stretch of freshly laid tarmac?! If you've forgotten Hillingdon is probably the nearest place to go!
It's worth pointing out that the bottom line of all of this is central governments cut in direct funding of County Councils. At the same time the council tax payer is expected to pay more. An example would be the Social Care Precept.
At every election we all decide who we want to govern and since 2010 that's been a Conservative led one. To be fair on them they have always at every election been pretty clear that they believe in small government, now which ever way you look at this inevitably it means reduced public services.
As mentioned above public library services suffer, less money for this and that, roads maintenance seems to be a thing of the past. The pretext to all of this of coarse is that the present government believes this is a way of local government being forced to become more efficient.
Well the reality is we the public are caught between governments aspirations and the reality of every day life in this country
While many of us suffer the general opions of the electorate in our constituency are obviously prepared to tolerate the status quo,  at the last election our local Conservative MP increased her majority!
Until such a time as the electorate wishes to follow a different path nothing with change. 
For many politicians in Westminster the US is the way to follow where all public services are cut to the bone. A good example can be seen on TV news bulletins where for some unexplained reason the American  electorate can be seen queuing for many hours just to vote. This is directly because of a public service being cut to the bone resulting in far fewer places for people to go and vote.
Whenever there is an election we seem as a nation to vote for any(a) political party who says they will cut taxes but then are quite happy to pay more council tax, more taxes here and there and so desperate are public funds we now have to pay arbitrary sums to dispose of a few bits of timber!
Time for dinner!
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2020 at 1:32pm
I thought that Baggles, such a waste of money, and I agree with this entire thread!! Can everyone stop voting the same idiots back in please??? It's almost pointless voting around here and they absolutely know it so we are ignored.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2020 at 12:50pm
and just got a letter through the post from buckinghamshire council saying covid rates are rising in our area...... Well that was a waste of a stamp..... We know.... Its on the tv.. The radio.. In the papers.... Its on signs on the bollards in our village.. Its all over the internet... Its on councillor tetts email update..... But bucks post me a letter to tell me... Which is now in the recycling bin which bucks wont actually collect on the correct day.... 
need a stella and i need one now !
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2020 at 12:02pm
totally agree mal, the incompetence of bucks council is astounding....and then they publish a questionnaire as to what to spend their 2021 /2022 budget on.....seriously.....and councillor tetts email update hinting we are heading towards tier 2 restrictions.....a real shame this same councillor is not hinting towards regular bin collections, pothole repairs, drain and gulley clearing, and maybe a raft of other council services we used to have...

Bottle bins and recycling in the car park, gone...
Street lighting turned off...
Road defects.....now down to the motorist to report via fix my street...
Library services....cut to the bone, now run by volunteers
Local policing....bare minimum during daylight hours...non existent after dark...
Education.....it limps along...but needs more funding...
Social care......well what do we say.....

We can’t even get weekly bin collections, it seems they’re collected on an ad hoc basis....it’s no longer every 7 days..

You cut a 6 foot tall fence post in half ( to fit in the boot of the car) and take it to the tip...and the operative wants to charge you for 2 bits of wood....no common sense,

There is every reason to be depressed and unhappy....

Bucks council find plenty of funds for legal tangles over names of the now unitary council, they have funds to pay in excess of 70k for inclusion officers, they chose to spend funds from central government on the unwanted quiet way....we just need quality service and a council which stands accountable....we can live in hope

need a stella and i need one now !
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2020 at 10:31am
Even before the influx of new residents to CSP in the last few years, there where severe drainage/sewage issues. 

At the many SENSE4CSP  meetings I attended regarding the Grange housing estate, Epilepsy Centre ect this was always a main topic of contention along with parking and traffic issues.

Not forgetting the added pressure on our local NHS/education services. 

This was all predicted and I'm afraid to say has come home to roost.

Edited by brewski - 29 October 2020 at 6:32pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2020 at 11:05am
Well said Mal, whatever you may think of Americans we need their get-up-and-go 'can-do' attitude instead of the bureaucratic constipation that is so prevalent nowadays in our Public sector. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>