Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On line shopping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On line shopping
    Posted: 25 March 2020 at 8:00am
Can I urge you, if you have booked an on line shopping slot, or have a regular slot booked and you are NOT self isolating because you have symptoms or are ill or have underlying health conditions or are elderly, please consider cancelling it.

Although self isolating people are priorities they can’t get on to place an order let alone flag themselves, not for the next three weeks. Those people really need those slots. Please consider them or they’re going to be left with government food parcels if they don’t have other support.

Every little helps!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Sponsored Links

dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 3:39pm
Agree with you 100% on this. We are all in this together.
Nikblik View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikblik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2020 at 10:09pm
I have some slots booked because I’ve always booked a month in advance. I am sure moving forwards I will have the same issues as everyone else, equally, I don’t think me cancelling it is going to help because there is no guarantee it will automatically go back into the pot, I have tested that in the last weeks. Plus there were 150,000 people ahead of me in the morrisons website queue today! So, more practically, I am very happy to add a shop into to my basket and drop it round to leave on someone’s doorstep or for an organisation. Please DM if I can help. 
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2020 at 11:38pm
That’s really kind of you and you’re right a possible good way of maximising the slots. My neighbour has done the same for me, always more than one way to achieve something. Guess just having the convo helps.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply