FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ethorpe Hotel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ethorpe Hotel
    Posted: 02 January 2020 at 3:11pm
as I remember the Ethorpe, it was the place to go. If you was an underage drinker. With a scree at the bar, that came from the ceiling, down to within a foot from the bar. Nobody serving could see you. 
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Sponsored Links

dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 11:51am
You are not the only one to say that
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2020 at 11:37am
The Ethorpe Hotel when it was a hotel always seemed to me to be a bit like a retirement home so I suppose it's just come full circle.
Must get my application in ....
dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 1:47pm
I would like to think it was not true, but so many changes are occurring now.
fitzy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2019 at 9:54am
I heard the same and asked the staff. It's not true, someone has been spreading the rumour for months according to them
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2019 at 8:46am
That's a shame. It used to be a private residence, however, and was named Fernacre Cottage. Oddly, it was occupied by a series of military men. I suppose this will mean more business for the other two local hotels and also for the new Bulstrode luxury hotel and spa when it is developed.
dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2019 at 1:34pm
Apparently planning permission will be applied for a change of use to become a retirement home. Shame as it was always busy and served a reasonably priced meal. Sign of the times.
 Post Reply Post Reply