Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chalfont Common Circus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chalfont Common Circus
    Posted: 10 October 2019 at 8:42am
seems like the circus arrived last night and their heavy  vehicles have scarred a large area at the top of the common with tyre tracks.If we must give access to travelling fun fairs and circuses surely it can be stipulated that they must use boards on the area they access and leave to protect the common. Suspect with all the rain we have had recently it’s going to be quite a while before the grass recovers from this latest episode 
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2019 at 9:46am
there’s a clause in there contract, that states “any damage, has to be repaired” 
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Neighbour View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2019 at 10:27am
fine there’s a clause in the contract says that damage has to be repaired but had it ever been enforced. Much better that the contract is amended to take preventive measures  and we don’t have damage requiring remediation
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2019 at 10:50am
If it isn't enforced, to some people it doesnt matter.  Same as speeding
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2019 at 11:50am
of course they correct it, it’s not the first time it been torn up. If they don’t correct it, they won’t be allowed back. I’m sure there’s probably a retainer on hold, for the the purpose of repair if not completed. 
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Neighbour View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 9:14am
just walked over the common this morning. To my eyes there is bad tyre mark scarring. Surely this can’t have been put right as you said it would be hissing did?
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 11:14am
at the end of the day you are talked about hairy backsided lorry drivers
dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 12:51pm
Walking across the common daily, it always recovers. This is most used piece of community land in the village. I have seen left I worse conditions by other fairs. For me the biggest concern is the erosion of the hill with less and less grass to some points it is only gravel showing. This is through normal wear and tear use. There is big focus on wild flower strips but what about hill?
 Post Reply Post Reply