Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tree cutting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2019 at 7:10pm
I was obviously just having a bit of fun (don’t we need that at the moment?), but do not get me on the topic of predictive text. I sent a message to a mate yesterday and typed the word “apparently”. I pressed send and it changed the word to “appyits”. I very often type the correct word in the right context, but AI predictive clever text corrects to words that don’t exist. I blame the Russians! 
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2019 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by EmmaO EmmaO wrote:

Originally posted by MV Owner MV Owner wrote:

I recall that you are quite a fan of the travelling community GXCSP.  Perhaps they could help?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

YAWN!!!!!! Not big or clever......

Apologies to all for such a major crime
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2019 at 8:49am
Anyone got any actual phone numbers for these ?
I tried Fineland but it just goes through to voicemail each time. The others I can't find.
Chiltern Tree Surgery are utter cowboys, used them before, got blindingly ripped off.
ding View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2019 at 10:22am
The phone number for Fineland is 01494 872626.
I know they have been on holiday recently.
We had work done by them in August (trimming back a long hedge and also trimming a large, about 30ft conifer). As always, we were very pleased with the results. They always clear any trimmings etc.
We did try one cheaper company, work not up to standard.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2019 at 4:53pm
I hope you avoid the type of Cowboys that were featured on BBC Watchdog last night GXCSP.

See if you can access it on catch up.  It makes for absolutely disgusting and disgraceful watching
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12