FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hamilton at Silverstone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hamilton at Silverstone
    Posted: 18 July 2019 at 4:19pm
true Alpina, but dare I say it I think Schumacher on a few occasions performed a few moves which were less than Sportsmanlike.  Still a great driver and a great Sportsman though
Sponsored Links

AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 10:57pm
Don’t forget that Schumi left the dominant Benetton team after Jordan, and joined Ferrari when it was at its lowest and dragged it up by the scruff of its neck to become the best. Lewis has always been in the best team and car. He’s never had to drive for a team has been at its lowest ebb. He’s always been a golden child. It will take more than statistics to overcome Schumacher. 
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 7:13pm
The tennis was great of that there is no doubt, I tried to watch cricket for 2 hours (my first time ever) and it was down there with watching golf
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 7:11pm
I find F1 boring, the tennis & cricket were far more exciting in my view.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 5:14pm
Thats true Alpina, I like Verstappen and he has managaed to start to keep himeself in check.  I could imagine Lewi could be difficult (you couldn't just have a beer with him) but he is easily in the same league as Schumacher without a doubt and he also plays the 'long reliable game' that Schumacher did.
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 12:48pm
MV, I reckon in Verstappen and Leclerc we’ve seen the new Senna and Prost! Vettel’s days are numbered. Never been a fan of Lewis, but I accept he’s a top driver. Not quite the same class as Schumacher though...
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 1:59pm
It is a hugely attended event, its up there with the European round of the World Superbikes which was hosted each year at the historic Brands Hatch GP Circuit.  Arguably one of the world's finest motor racing circuits.

Edited by MV Owner - 15 July 2019 at 2:01pm
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 9:22am
Felt his huge achievements yesterday were somewhat overshadowed in the media by the cricket and tennis.  Huge 130+k crowd too - has to be one of the largest attended spectator events in the UK.

It does affect CSP slightly with all the helicopters going over our village to the event!

Edited by watsy - 15 July 2019 at 9:22am
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Mr Disgruntled Mr Disgruntled wrote:

Oi mush.. What's this got to do with Chalfont St Peter??

Quoting on here about something, is better than nothing. As it seems to be the way, lately 

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2019 at 6:31pm
nope, Im not a member on one so just thought I'd post here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>