FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potential building on Green Belt / Winkers /

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potential building on Green Belt / Winkers /
    Posted: 26 June 2019 at 5:00pm
Added to that the NSE are pricing Chalfont Saints out of their football ground and suddenly another loss of community fabric is up for grabs for developers citing lack of need...
Sponsored Links

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2019 at 4:07pm
by taking the sites at the nse out of the green belt  ,by ' adjusting' the boundaries then you open up alot of land for future development, the audley dene and porthaven sites were classed still as green belt, so you have lovely green spaces and limited numbers of dwellings....

one this land proposed for further development is removed from greenbelt you will get high density builds, no green spaces, and alot of dwellings on a small footprint....maximising financial gains for the developers....

cdc also see the library and the ambulance station as possible enterprise development sites !

need a stella and i need one now !
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2019 at 10:03pm
I think it is really odd that all larger developments that have come up in the village on brownfield sites have been whittled down, then they want to build on green belt to reach their housing targets.  Newland Park, Winkers and Holy Cross for example.  Newlands in particular could have been double the size and removed one of the above developments.

I chatted to one councillor at an open day event and she said we have to bee seen by Aylesbury to be building on Green Belt - doesn't strike me as a functioning system if that is how it is decided.  
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2019 at 4:44pm
There is a Public meeting in the Community Centre at 7:30 on 25 June
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 9:24pm
I know that if I lived in Chalfont Heights I'd be mightily cheesed off by the prospect of a housing estate at the bottom of my garden
dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 6:49pm
This was posted earlier but some interesting questions on the document. Newland Park is being demolished but this is not on the document. Would it not be better to keep Newland Park as a school development and develop the existing school sites? There is intense interest in the land by the 413 as even GX golf club has been approached to sell the land by the heights to build houses. Either way we will see major changes in the village not seen since the 60's.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 4:52pm
All,

No doubt this has been reported elsewhere but its a link to Sense4CSP regarding potential building on Green Belt Land on Winkers fields and Epileptic centre:-

Cheers

MV
 Post Reply Post Reply