Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fairthorpe Cars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fairthorpe Cars
    Posted: 02 June 2019 at 6:02pm
Back in the day, 1954-61 to be precise,  Chalfont St Peter was at the heart of small-time car manufacturing with the Fairthorpe car company, built if my memory serves me well in what is now the Co-Op.

I had a red Electron Minor, basic but fun.

There is one being advertised for sale for an unbelievable £16k

If you click the pictures in the advert to the right, you can see on the third picture the manufacturing plate showing Chalfont St Peter

Edited by Rich Kid - 03 June 2019 at 9:23am
Sponsored Links

watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 8:11am
Wow, I never knew that. I'll have to check through my bits and bobs to see if I have anything on them.
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 1:57pm
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 4:40pm
I'm glad Hissing Sid has a good memory because I had forgotten that we had discussed Fairthorpe cars before!
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 5:07pm
So had I!
Ianclarke View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ianclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 6:18pm
I remember Fairthorpes well in the 1950s and 60s. I used to go to face meetings in one. Also Motorwork whose garages were next to Fairthorpe’s works (Charlie White). They raced two Aston Martin DB3Ss which were driven by the Whitehead brothers who came second at Le Mans (62 EMU). It was displayed the following week in Motorwork’s showroom in the Lower Road CSP. A lot more history and stories there. 
 Post Reply Post Reply