Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

richard adams chemist csp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: richard adams chemist csp
    Posted: 30 May 2019 at 7:26am
anybody recently experiencing problems with this chemist obtaining repeat meds i have visited them 3 times this week still have not got all medication especially insulin going on holiday with half of my meds i think time for a change what other choices do we have pls advice thanks really going downhill even the man who drops meds at home was moaning about them sending one packet out at a time  
Sponsored Links

dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 2:25pm
I had the same problems with Vantage Chemists especially with insulin. Have no such problem since moving to Adams with the insulin arriving the next day.
Piglet View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 2:34pm
I heard the chemist in Vantage say it's something to do with Brexit; there are certain medications the Government won't pass funding for or something like that......
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2019 at 8:02am
That's right it must be Brexit, everything wrong is down to Brexit😂
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2019 at 10:42am
I was wondering when Brexit would be blamed! The Remainers easy but incorrect response to every problem.
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 4:32pm
I switched from Adams a few years back because their service was dreadful and I was misled about a few things (don’t worry PC brigade I have proof). I’ve used Vantage since and they were very good (especially Richard who’s now left), but recently I’ve started experiencing problems picking up my regular prescriptions and the issues seem to arise from a basic lack of common sense. I think the problem may arise from the high turnover of staff over the past year. The phrases “headless chickens” and “joined up writing” apply more than Brexit. 
Sweet Pea View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet Pea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 6:07pm
Unfortunately some pharmaceutical manufacturers restrict the production of medications in order to push the price up. The pharmacist has to hunt down these medicines from the suppliers.  This can mean a wait and all sorts of problems.  I have a been taking a combination of medicines over the last 10 years and this problem has always occurred and recurs fairly frequently.  Therefore nothing to do with Brexit.  
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 6:28pm
Sweet Pea, I was fortunate to be with Dr Brodie before he retired and he did my prescription naming the specific manufacturer. Despite my current moan, I get the same tabs I’ve been on for 20 years, so there’s no issue about changing manufacturers (unlike my blood pressure ones which come from all sorts of outfits I’ve never heard of). Old school.
Barn Owl View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barn Owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2019 at 11:42pm
May I just add that I was queuing for meds in Chesham and heard the pharmacist say that there were problems with drug supplies because of brexit. This was before 29 March and before an extension was granted and she seemed to imply it was to do with the uncertainty about whether we would leave or not, and whether or not there would be a deal. 

So people aren't necessarily making it up if my experience is anything to go by. 
3Princesses View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Princesses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 12:19pm
I think half the problem is the change from going to the chemist to order it to going back to the drs. I love Vantage and the service is always above and beyond. It was much easier to just them what I needed. Half the time the dr never sends down the right prescription which always leads to a delay 
 Post Reply Post Reply