Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Police chopper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Police chopper
    Posted: 26 March 2019 at 11:52am
So there was a disturbance in village last night which prompted sirens and the police chopper to be out?

Hearing rumours but nothing too specific. Does anyone know what happened?

Someone commented about Chalfonts bad man returning? I didn't know we had an infamous bad man? Who is He?

Just wanted to know if i need to be extra vigilant and careful...or whether it's likely to be a one off incident.
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 1:34pm
probably just the feds trying to justify their increase in Council Tax.
fedupwithit View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fedupwithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 5:34pm
Apparently a stolen moped crashed on the dual carriageway and the rider ran off. Not sure why that justified a helicopter, assume there was more to it.
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 7:03pm
I heard the chopper was used, to look in the bottom of the pot holes.
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 8:28pm
why steal a moped?

The 2018 BMW S 1000 RR have been doing some serious speeds on the Isle of Man in 2018.  An awesome lap of over 135mph was completed in 2018 by Peter Hickman.

Edited by MV Owner - 26 March 2019 at 8:40pm
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2019 at 6:50am
Lots of reasons to steal a moped from petty crime to using it to assist in more serious crimes such as the muggings seen in London.

I agree the use of a chopper made me think someone more was going on.

I'm also intrigued to know who this one man crime wave is. Not saying it was them the other night though.

I look forward to an update from Shaw Taylor on Police 5 this Sunday lunchtime.

Stay safe and happy and "keep 'em peeled".
 Post Reply Post Reply