Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M25 Service Station

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M25 Service Station
    Posted: 05 January 2019 at 1:30pm
Just had a leaflet through the door about the M25 service station.

No access to it unless on the M25 - I'd have thought they could put a slip road in next to the traveller site for people desperate for a Macdonalds...
Sponsored Links

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2019 at 4:38pm
Consultation day on Saturday 26th Jan from 11-00 am to 16-00 at the Chalfont St Peter community centre.

I will hold judgement to I have seen their proposals properly.

I'm glad however it appears it is accessible only from the motorway rather than having access from West Hyde Lane, traffic would of been carnage.Angry

Too many laws...
Too few examples...
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 12:37pm
looking at the new road layout up there and what is proposed  for the services it looks like a done deal to me .....

as its 'extra' who own manage the beaconsfield services, i guess we can expect extortionate fuel prices,  a fast food offering and a weatherspoons pub  open til 1am ! ? 

what we need now is a minibus service from the village over to the weatherspoons at pub closing time, bit like the winkers minibus....lol....
need a stella and i need one now !
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

looking at the new road layout up there and what is proposed  for the services it looks like a done deal to me .....

as its 'extra' who own manage the beaconsfield services, i guess we can expect extortionate fuel prices,  a fast food offering and a weatherspoons pub  open til 1am ! ? 

what we need now is a minibus service from the village over to the weatherspoons at pub closing time, bit like the winkers minibus....lol....

Be a long drive via the M25 to go for a late pint!😉

I am sure however there must be a service road for emergency vehicles and wouldn't be surprised if eventually this is opened to all vehicles.

Good luck if you live that end of CSP with HS2, the forthcoming epilepsy centre new housing development (which apparently dwarfs the "delightful"LOL Grange) and now a service station.

How this place is changing...😔

All in the name of progress?
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2019 at 1:22pm
I doubt there will ever be access except from the M25 as it would be used as a rat run.

Will be useful if the service station can be accessed from both sides of the M25.

I find Beaconsfield Services quite useful, especially Wetherspoons.
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2019 at 10:32pm
There doesn’t need to be an independent access given the Maple Cross junction!
dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 8:29am
In fact they do not say where the service road is at all though two possibilities exist West Hyde or Denham Lane. It is clear major development will taking place on this side of the village with its open spaces. All the way from Chalfont Common to the M25. Was surprised when the Reach school opened at near the Maple Cross junction but now it is clear it was predicting the future developments to fill the places.
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 10:56am
I attended the presentation yesterday, they admitted to having a service road, through where HS2 are currently working, which will be used for emergency vehicles, and possibly 'local' workers going to and from the service. Although strangely enough in all of their plans & pictures it is not shown!!😉

They could not however hand me an answer to how this service road would be monitored or secured to prevent misuse.

I was left none the wiser and have zero faith in it!

On a brighter note, the earliest they anticipate work to commence is 2025 due to the HS2 catastrophe!😋

Edited by brewski - 27 January 2019 at 1:47pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2019 at 4:27am
In the case of Beaconsfield services there is no direct entry from the M40 to the service area. In the case of direct entry from the motorway there has to be a controlled access to prevent it being a public access junction. In many cases is it just a barrier with a key pad or swipe card access. But we all know that this system can be abused with people sharing the code to friends or just tail gating someone else through. Because it will be an emergency services entrance/exit it cannot be like Fort Knox and needs easily overcome when required. The bottom line is always are they willing to spend the money controlling the access.
Emsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 11:27pm
A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
 Post Reply Post Reply