Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hornhill Road closures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hornhill Road closures
    Posted: 04 January 2019 at 7:15pm
I've seen the signs on my way to work saying that Hornhill Road will be closed from 7th to 18th January 2019.  Usually these road closures tend to start after the rush hour, but the signs don't say anything about the times of closure......does anyone have any inside info or know how to find out?
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2019 at 8:48am
apparently the road closure is due to HS2, thats all I know
AndyM View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2019 at 9:15am
The road is completely closed from the 7th to the 18th of January. No access at all during those dates.

A member on the CSP Facebook group scanned the leaflet and I've uploaded it here

Hope this helps
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2019 at 9:32am
Thanks Andy, appreciated and welcome to the forum

If they do what the leaflet says then they will be welcomed changes to the road
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 5:28pm
Tried to get back from Maple Cross to CSP with hot fish and chips last night along Hornhill Rd.  Closed above all the speed bumps. NO OBVIOUS NOTIFICATION lower down into Maple Cross. Had to backtrack and detour via Newlands. Result:  Warm fish and chips.  Thanks, HS Poo.

Piglet View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 5:32pm
I share your frustration Paul G - the leaflet kindly posted on the forum says closures are between 7 a.m and 6 p.m.  I went that way at 6:45 p.m last night and no way of getting through.  Surely it's not difficult to get stuff like that right and put in proper processes?  Actually, second thoughts, it clearly is!!
MrsG View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 10:29pm
It does say on leaflet that after the hours of work plus one hour either side for setting up and packing away that the road will remain closed for safety reasons . 
allotmentman View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allotmentman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2019 at 1:15pm
Does anyone know if it has been re-opened yet.

Piglet View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2019 at 1:45pm
I don't know - probably not because the flyer says until 18th Jan.  I'm fully expecting it to be open tomorrow when I want to go that way!  It's been such a pain with it closed, my journey to and from work has been horrible!
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2019 at 4:50pm
I have just spoke to one of the workmen assigned to blocking the road.  He thinks it will be open from 10pm tonight
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>