Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waggon & Horses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 7:12am
Are you the new owner or developer AlpinaB5?
Sponsored Links

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 7:55am
Rumour has it that the Waggon & Horses has been bought by the same man who bought Milton's in Chalfont St Giles, which, tragically, burned down before it could be saved. It would be a great shame if the Waggon and Horses were to meet the same fate.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 8:45am
i used the waggon,  - not 4 times a week, but maybe twice a week for quite some time, would also go in sometimes if there was a good band playing, just nice to go somewhere and have a nice quiet pint or two...

its a shame its closed, - that leaves the dumbell, the jolly farmer and the greyhound and the white hart...

the dumbell is abit of a trek for me, and i dont want to drive there.....
the jolly IMHO is more foody, but nice to sit outside in the summer...
greyhound.......not my kind of place and sometimes  feels like something is about to kick off..
the hart.....needs the second bar putting back ! and new glass in the windows now...and often there is a god awful howl coming from there, ( loosely called the house band or kareoke ) so not ideal for a nice quiet pint...

the village needs a good pub !
need a stella and i need one now !
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 4:44pm
The Three Oaks is nice for a quiet drink and has a pleasant beer garden.Thumbs Up
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 6:06pm
I thought people had switched to the Cricket Club, or is it closed for the winter?
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 6:13pm
Tried the cc in the summer, was pleasant enough but no substitute for a real boozer.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 8:47pm
No I’m not the developer etc. I drink regularly in the G’dog.  Good to hear Baggies went there.  My point was a straightforward one. There’s no point people moaning about a pub with so much history closing down if they never use it. What keeps local businesses going is the patronage of the villagers. Forget history, if nobody uses it, it’s literally history. The practical reality now is to turn it into residential use. And I repeat, no I’m not a developer; I’m just realistic. The Wagon “regulars” apparently drink in the cricket club now primarily because of the cheap beer which is why they went to the Wagon during happy hour. They weren’t loyal customers. They chased cheap booze. 
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 8:48pm
Apologies, I meant big baggies.
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 8:54pm
Big baggies! 😂 the problem with 1 thumb typing! I agree with your comments about the Hart incidentally. The 1 bar thing is nonsense. Not good either that the windows got put in. Agree too with your G’dog comments, although I’m usually gone before the idiots come in in a Friday and Saturday wanting to fight everybody.
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 8:55pm
Baggles ffs. 1 thumb and bloody auto correct!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>