Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VW Golf in bushes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Nothing wrong with the roundabout, or the road. 

The Greyhound roundabout needs attention.

Nothing wrong with either, it’s the occasional driver that need to pay attention. Both roundabouts have been there many years. Cars etc have improved with there road handling over the years. It’s the driver who is at fault. 
The roundabout is there for two reasons (A) a junction (B) to slow you down. If you can’t slow down and you go over it. It’s done it’s job. 

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Sponsored Links

LDJ View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 5:39am
The whole section of road needs attention including both roundabouts - too many crashes, too much speeding and certainly one terrible fatality no matter where it is is one too many. I am very glad I hadn't taken my young kids over to Chalfont Park when a speeding car went straight thru the railings in the pedestrian section on the roundabout as anybody stood there would have been totally wiped out.
Everyone has the right to their own opinion quite rightly, this happens to be mine. Cheers
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by LDJ LDJ wrote:

Sorry but whether it was a genuine accident or some idiot joyrider wasn't really the point - my issue (as someone who lives backing onto the 413) is that this whole stretch of road should be dealt with - I asked for a FOIA report from the Council and HA to find how many accidents they reported and also how much money had been spent on repairing the roundabout/signs/bollards/wrought ironmongery from the path and central reservation - weirdly (not) the reply was definitely missing about 80% of the crashes/damages etc - my thoughts would be that a simple camera along with potentially less cost to repair crazy damage could actually be put to some decent use like repairing the road, gritting, cleaning drains etc which of course, gets put in the 'We don't have the resources' pile.
As I say......just a thought.....
On the last Police Speed Trap which took place on a weekday lunchtime, within an hour they had clocked 8+ vehicles travelling between 90mph and 97mph - I presume NOT in a clapped out stolen old VW Golf.
Cheers

AT least the person who used to do upto 150mph down there (as verified by terrified passengers) is off the streets and on remand facing a 12-15 stretch for other offences.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12