Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tariq meat shop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tariq meat shop
    Posted: 12 July 2018 at 3:00pm
driving past gerrards cross high st was suprised to see new butchers it says tariq butchers but missed out it is hallal meat big chain from london 
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 3:01pm
I just love the meat in Savanna.  The staff there are great too
winger View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 3:22pm
i wonder they missed out halal word on thier shopfront this is a chain i think people should have a right to know what they are buying
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 7:51pm
It’s been there ages!!! Thought it was obvious they would be selling Halal, as I understand it, although if you know better by all means correct me, the meat is stunned prior to slaughter so it's only a prayer, I think I can live with that, they are also a major Sainsbury's supplier so I think we'll be OK as far as the standards are concerned. having said that I am loyal to Judds so only been in there a handful of times, I also like Savannah.....

Edited by EmmaO - 12 July 2018 at 8:02pm
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
winger View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 11:21am
the halal meat is not stunned it is live cut by the throat they have to see the blood running look on u tube well i am sorry i will stay loyal to m&s or tesco besides i think the methods used in transport is not that of the big boys still why not have halal on thier sighn they do on the rest os thier chain this is no 10 shop 
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 12:08pm
Winger,

I must confess I am not particularly up to speed with Halal v non-Halal and I am not going to watch a video on you tube.  There are things I am happy to watch on you tube and there are things I am not happy to watch.  'How they make Donner kebabs' would also be a video I would personally steer clear of.

What I would say is that you have mentioned staying loyal to M&S and Tesco, If I were you and I felt strongly about Halal / non-Halal I would be inclined to check whether meat purchased from M&S and Tesco is Halal or non-Halal as sometimes Halal meat is not labelled as Hahal.  This link below should help

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 6:17pm
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 7:41pm
An interesting read, thank you. In the UK 84% of all halal meat is stunned prior to slaughter, as I said my belief is that Tariq butchers stun their meat. This is a figure supplied by RSPCA and interestingly is only that low because the welsh assembly still allows it, who knew!!! Youtube is not a reliable source of information........

Edited by EmmaO - 13 July 2018 at 7:51pm
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 7:53pm
Maybe they miss Halal from the sign as all the meat sold in the gx branch isn’t halal? Why should they add it to a shop name? If you’re so concerned maybe go in and have a nice polite convo and you might find out!
 Post Reply Post Reply