Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newland Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newland Park
    Posted: 23 February 2018 at 10:13am
I read from the site that Newland Park going to be developed, work starting in September - what is being planned?
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 10:27am
Around 260 houses.
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 10:28am
This cut and paste should tell you all you need to know:

As you may be aware revised plans have been submitted for the redevelopment of the Newlands Park site. These may be viewed on the Chiltern District Council website with reference numbers CH/2010/0976/FA and CH/2011/0977/HB. The first of the applications is the redevelopment of the site to provide 264 new dwellings including conversion of the Grade 2 listed Manor House and associated buildings and erection of new fitness and sports facilities and an energy recycling centre. The second application provides for internal and external alterations to the Grade 2 listed Manor House to provide 8 new dwellings and refurbishment of the associated garden buildings, restoration of garden wall, partially enclosing the historic garden of the Manor House, internal and external alterations, conversation of historic stable building to provide four new dwellings, refurbishment of historic garden cottage, internal and external alterations to entrance lodge, demolition of outbuildings to western entrance drive, refurbishment of the lodge to west and arrangement of new facilities for fitness and sport.

Edited by EmmaO - 23 February 2018 at 10:28am
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 12:38pm
264 is that all? Thought the developers wanted well over 400 originally.  I cannot understand why Newlands, Winkers, Holy Cross and the NSE were all knocked down from their original planning numbers and then we have to release green belt as we aren't building enough houses locally.  Seem to have wasted an opportunity for hundreds of houses on brownfield sites. Maybe I'm being naive but local councillors aren't doing the right thing? Or something more sinister happening.

Newlands is a huge brownfield site - maybe should have swapped Community College over to there as per the Holy Cross / middle school proposals.

Plannning permission for Newlands was given many years ago but they banked the land, partly as a result of the limited number of houses being built.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 4:00pm
I was a student teacher at Newland Park 1968-71, happy memories, as I lived locally I could go in every day and didn't have to board. No such thing as tuition fees, in fact I received a small maintenance grant to keep me in beer & fags! 
 I was hoping it might be turned into a retirement village for my retirement, it would complete the circle so-to-speak!

My aunt worked there during WW2 when the offices of North British & Mercantile Insurance moved out of London.

There is an 'old students' site, see link, that shows some old pics.http://newlandpark50.co.uk/Home.php

I seem to remember a guy called Ken MacIntosh, who lived in Leachcroft going there around the same sort of time, I wonder what happened to him?

Edited by Rich Kid - 23 February 2018 at 4:09pm
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 4:57pm
I remember Ken MacIntosh.
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by hissing sid hissing sid wrote:

Who taught at Seer Green?My all time favourite teacher, my first teacher when I moved into the area, a very good man. Retired about 4 years ago I believe.

Edited by Dave-R - 23 February 2018 at 6:56pm
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

Originally posted by hissing sid hissing sid wrote:

Who taught at Seer Green?My all time favourite teacher, my first teacher when I moved into the area, a very good man. Retired about 4 years ago I believe.

I knew him, before he even started school. Was trying to remember what his father was involved in. Was he invold with one of the local football teams?
Hissing Sid

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

I taught at Seer Green for a short time, the Headmistress was Mrs Trufitt,  before moving to St Joseph's.
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2018 at 8:26am
Mrs Guyver was there when I went. 1989-1991. I don't know what Mr McK father did but Mr McK was my football manager and coach when I played for the school team.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>