Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lower Road and Surrounding Roads Parking Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lower Road and Surrounding Roads Parking Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2018 at 2:19pm
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2018 at 4:39pm
I'm not up to speed on this issue, but is it because too many cars are parked on lower Road because the car park charges a fee ? Is it as simple as that ?
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2018 at 4:59pm
The problem certainly is that there are too many cars parked in Lower Road, but the situation has been caused by a number things, insufficient parking at the offices in Chiltern Hill, double yellow lines in Chiltern Hill, guys working on the Grange Site, insufficient parking spaces throughout CSP, the precinct parking only being 1 hour, and, yes, people not wanting to pay for parking.
Some parking in Lower Road is inevitable and accepted, the problem is cars parked opposite each other creating bottle necks and obstruction.
Sunray
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2018 at 7:00pm
I did ask him after the meeting to ensure the whole village was considered as it costs less to do the whole application, he assured me it was but also wanted to know if he had all the hot spots. I asked him to let Tony Shinner have a list of what he has and we can then check it out.
I also want whoever it needs to be to consider my suggestion for the Grange exits as this is key to keeping the village clear
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2018 at 7:30pm
we were told 2 years ago our issue could not be addressed on its own as a holistic village wide scheme needed to be worked out, - 

it cant come too soon, the road across the middle of the common, orchard grove, the lower road, pennington road, the road outside the jolly farmer  to name just a few, the retailers in the market place want  wardens to stop people parking for many hours, - its time for change !

ian View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2018 at 9:10pm
Tarmac over the allotments? What a ridiculous idea
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2018 at 8:53am
Some things I suggested a long time ago.

New car park at top of village on the now built on Holy Cross site and reduce Market Street to 30 minutes, plus reduced parking charges for businesses in main car park

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2018 at 10:04am
a car park on the holy cross site was submitted, but obviously the developers ' offer' was better, so we got the grange,.....with insufficient parking
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2018 at 7:21pm
It was an idea but why ridiculous? Can you suggest a better area to use?
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2018 at 8:00pm
Rather than tarmac the allotments and lose some of our green space it would be sensible to make the Church Lane carpark 2 storey, but personally I would not like that either!
Sunray
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>