Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lower Road and Surrounding Roads Parking Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lower Road and Surrounding Roads Parking Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 6:49pm
Make the Church Road car park free.

Sponsored Links

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 5:02pm
thanks sunray

need a stella and i need one now !
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 7:17am
Is this still on for tonight and are the offices in the community centre?
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 7:20am
I am also now getting a 1,000,000th site visitor banner offering a gift from Apple ???
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 10:51am
You can’t make the Church car park free. It was free to park there when the bridge was closed for repairs a few years ago and it was full by 9am every day because some selfish people used it as a bizarre form of park and ride for GX train station. I know it’s hard to believe!
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 2:37pm
Yes the meeting is on tonight still, the Parish Council Offices aren't in the community centre though, head that way, park in the community centre car park and then walk towards Mill Meadow/Scouts down the road and the Parish Council is on your right before the scouts.

Agreed you can't make Church Car Park free or commuters will park there and the shops will suffer as there will be nowhere for shoppers to park. Much like this morning though!! Has nobody seen an M&S before Couldn't get a space for love nor money in the village!!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Chilternman Chilternman wrote:

I am also now getting a 1,000,000th site visitor banner offering a gift from Apple ???

Sounds like a scam to me!

Edited by EmmaO - 21 March 2018 at 2:38pm
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 3:52pm
We must be nearer 2,000,000 surely... Ouch
Thank you for tolerating the Adverts though, it does help the site self fund - excluding the postcards.

Edited by watsy - 21 March 2018 at 3:53pm
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 10:09pm
Well, interesting meeting tonight, took a while to get to a useful stage as too many people wanted to tell everyone about their individual woes, one woman even hijacked the meeting with her own survey!
The fact was that the problem was already as plain as the nose on your face and solutions were needed which was the intention but it was hard work getting any. On a positive note the guy from the council (Mark) seemed genuinely concerned, experienced and on top of it. He had several options but generally it seemed one plan was favoured. Hopefully this will be pushed through as soon as but not ignoring the other village hotspots that are growing fast. One way systems seemed unfavourable but I did suggest a no right turn from the Grange development on Gold Hill and probably a no left turn at the Lower Rd exit. I see this development as being a huge issue with traffic and parking once it is fully occupied.
One area that was brushed over was the lack of car parks and I feel it's a nettle that needs grasping, we must get cars off the roads so where can cars park? At the risk of being shot down but trying to look at the greater good how about turning the allotments by the school over to parking, that's a good area with easy access to the village businesses and it will not impact too much on anything other that the allotment tenants (sorry) but maybe other areas ca be used for that. There is probably some ancient rights that will prevent it but worth a thought.
Anyway I am looking forward to a better situation with some law enforcement as well, that seemed to be a realistic possibility I think. The only concern I have is that the priority is given to Lower Rd when there are several places around the village that need equal attention.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2018 at 9:49am
agreed, chilternman,   my concern is the time it potentially could take, - the council can put yellow lines in quickly for the area around junctions that were raised eg kingsway junction- this is due to it being a traffic/ highway code ruling, any additional parking restrictions will have to go through the consultation process... this takes extra time and costs funds...

but also as you state the whole parking in the village needs looking at- the junction around the jolly farmer needs yellow lines, also the bottom of joiners lane, also the road across the common by the clock, ( the right hand bend especially needs lines...)    
the roads around the vale, junctions into penn road and the school, also the junction of vale close and others all need restrictions on parking to get vehicles off the pavements and verges and clear of the junctions....

but one welcome point is we may see more wardens in csp..... hurrah, 

we put together a 'residents group' to tackle our parking issues back in 2015 to 2016 ish- we submitted our findings and raised concerns with both parish and county councils

i met with councillor david martin and TVP and parish and marks predecessor in early 2017 , regarding the issues we were having .. our meeting was like last nights ...apart from there was just 2 'spokespersons' from the residents.... it was more of a 'closed' meeting.

we were shown maps, plans and lines were discussed, it was also talked about our lines piggy backing onto beaconsfields lines, while the line painting truck was in the south of the county...... but a year on and absolutely no change for us.... nothing.....

my concern is its lip service, but i really hope mark is on it and will move it all forward....

i will give mark a chance, he is new to the role and i really hope he can instigate change.... time will tell

need a stella and i need one now !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>