Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Random stuff!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random stuff!
    Posted: 01 February 2018 at 3:05pm
Hi everyone - there are two random, unconnected things which have been bothering me for ages.......:-

1.  Why do we have two Ambulance stations in the village? (one by the library and one by the Community Centre)
2.  in Maple Cross, where the big Renault and Skanska buildings are, there is also an office building which looks empty.  The sign says Mondalez - the chocolate maker - but there rarely looks like there's anyone in there.  However, there is always a dog security unit van at the entrance.  What's that all about?

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received!
Sponsored Links

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 4:40pm
I've always understood that the Ambulance Station at the library is NHS, and the one at Gravel Hill is a private contractorambulance service.

The empty office building at Maple Cross has been like that for many many years, I also am at a loss to understand it.
Sunray
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 5:36pm
What about what previously happened above the George, whats what I have never got to the bottom of
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 7:13pm
Yes I've heard the same as Sunray but I hadn't even noticed the Mondalez building!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 8:49am
It was Trebor Basset building wasn't it - went there for a sponsorship meeting once? A subsidiary of Cadbury, which is now mondalez private equity.  
LilyRose View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 9:02am
A few years back there was talk of developing that site into an out of town retail park. I don't know whether that is still on the cards. There is a new senior school going up on the roundabout which will increase traffic in that area. The reason there are dogs there is that it is regularly targeted by travellers.
Piglet View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 12:17pm
Thanks for your helpful replies - my life is now complete!  Sounds like MV owner's isn't though - every thread I read MV owner makes some reference to The George.  At the risk of stirring up a rumpus, it's getting a bit tedious.....
swej View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 12:36pm
Piglet ... I think you are saying what many people are silently thinking to themselves. More than just a bit tedious. Boring. As soon as any one posts something different, I wait for some reference to the George. 
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 1:01pm
It does remain an unanswered question though
 Post Reply Post Reply