Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New M&S Store

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 3:55pm
Hi,
Yes started yesterday, they aim to be finished by 19th December.
CharlieB
Sponsored Links

jilly View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 6:17pm
Costa have a recruitment poster on their store at Amersham Tesco for staff for CSP.To ooen in January
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 7:37pm
All good news, anything that improves footfall. At this time of year can I just encourage people to shop locally, some of our local shops are really struggling, some are seeing a large decrease in business this year, several shops that I think people will really miss have mentioned to me that they don't know what to do next and aren't sure how much longer they can carry on. There are some lovely gifts about and don't forget our fantastic butcher for the best turkey you'll taste.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 8:35pm
when it comes to the best turkeys you'll taste, I haven't tasted Judds but for me they have to be Appledore from Savanna's GX or even better a Peeles Norfolk Black or Narragansett.  Especially when brined, cooked at 280 degrees (the Thomas Keller method) and served slightly pink these birds are mindblowing (certainly when I cook them anyway)

Removing the breasts, legs and oysters from the carcass and then carving them up on a board (as opposed to trying to carve them on the carcass) is also worth undertaking after having had a few glasses of Dom Perignon with some Stella chasers

Edited by MV Owner - 28 November 2017 at 8:51pm
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 9:10pm
Come on MV support our Chalfont businesses... I will certainly be selecting my bird to tuck into this Xmas from Chalfont.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 9:12pm
Whilst Im into local business Rod (and I do go to Savanna and I really like him) its got to be Peeles every time mate.
dickybird View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:24am
So, MV Owner - sounds as if we are having Christmas turkey 🍗 at yours this year? 😄
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 12:10pm
Yep Dicky, bring some stellas for myself and remember a set of dumbells for Rod so he can do a few incline flys
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 11:45am
Well they are both here ! Both very welcome.

The M&S looks particularly fantastic.

Next question then is what's going to happen to the d HSBC and the smaller unit between that and M&S ?
CharlieB View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 12:01pm
The old Friday Flowers which is currently the Wates office is going to be a shop where you can buy things for the home, ornaments, decorative accessories homewares type stuff.
HSBC still going to be a deli for cold meats/cheeses that type of thing, however they are taking forever with whatever they are doing and seems to be at a standstill at the moment.

The rubbish has been particularly bad since costa have moved in and the environmental health from the council have been round to the shops inc McColls as the shops rubbish at the rear of the shops where people are living is awful.
Hopefully this is all teething problems are will be taken care of as time progresses.

CharlieB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12