Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commenting on old pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 6:27am
I also remember this gateway being filled in and I think you are right Sid, late 50s, as a child my brother and I used to jump on the big kicking stones that were placed either side of the archway,
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 11:47am
Picture of peace day carnival.
I’m going to guess “Austinwood Common”
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 11:22am
I reckon the Carnival one is at Austenwood too, it was much less overgrown then. Tom and Lucille I remember well as my Dad was a regular and they hosted a Silver Wedding party for my parents at the JF in 1977.
tobic View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 12:09pm
I just tried to comment on some old pics, but was unable too.
Yes, its me, still alive and kicking lol

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by tobic tobic wrote:

I just tried to comment on some old pics, but was unable too.
Yes, its me, still alive and kicking lol

Glad to hear this. You comment on this thread.

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2018 at 8:35pm
Wonderful picture of Tom & Lucille Davies the old landlords of the Jolly Farmer - she looks scary in the pic!

ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:46pm
New "The High Street in colour with the Greyhound and George in view, no date." on Page 24 is a duplicate of the one on Page 5 "The  High Street in colour, no postmark, but before 1904!  George and Greyhound in view."

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:02am
Thanks for noting that.  I'm running out of postcards now after posting so many, but hopefully avoid any more duplicates.
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:45pm
Better to duplicate rather than miss one.
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 10:55am
P26 - Chalfont St Peter, a general view.. looking down Glebe or Eleanor Road maybe or Joiners? Looks like the CofE school in the distance but not sure which side. no date.

I think it is down Grassingham Road taken from just above what is now Grassingham End

Art
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>