Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bus stop post in distress

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bus stop post in distress
    Posted: 10 October 2017 at 6:27pm
Does anybody know why the bus stop post at the top of Market Place by the chip shop is now resting in the grass? It's only just been repaired although the work was atrocious, and so I'm not sure if it's just collapsed or been hit again.
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 9:57pm
Maybe there was a sub standard civil engineering design that perhaps:-

a.  Didn't take into account loads from the wind.

or

b.  Didn't take into account it may be pushed over
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 9:31am
likely been hit i guess,  the new bollards installed on the stupid new pavement at the end of the vale are missing too, only one left now.....

this leaves holes in the pavement, - transport for bucks dont want to know either saying its not their remit to repair......

so who does it belong too ? - there is a hole in the pavement right next to a crossing point/ tactile panel

anyone visually impaired could be at risk......

i said they wouldnt last long ! 

need a stella and i need one now !
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 9:56am
Ironically, the one bollard you'd expect to have been knocked over at the Vale is still there. For now!
Roy B View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 9:50pm
The bus stop post and sign was knocked over by one of the lorry/tipper vehicles going in to the new housing estate at the Holy Cross site. One of my neighbours saw it happen.

The driver misjudged the corner and had to reverse up and knocked the post over.

It was on its side before the driver realised, lucky there was no-one waiting for the bus at the time.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 7:41pm
thanks roy , it looked like it was assisted in its horizontal pose !

just a shame further ' damage' to our village as a result of 'the grange' , lets hope the developer is charged to put the post back up 
need a stella and i need one now !
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 9:54pm
The post itself has now disappeared.

Edited by AlpinaB5 - 14 October 2017 at 7:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply