Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Invisible bus stop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ma0nps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invisible bus stop
    Posted: 27 July 2017 at 6:52am
Hi!

Does anyone know the origin of the invisible bus stop on Grove lane, just around the corner from the leisure centre?

I discovered it because other people kept getting on there in the mornings, and there's a bus-stop going the other way opposite, but I live in eternal paranoia that one day the bus won't stop there and the driver will just look at me as if I'm a complete moron!

30p cheaper to get to GX from there rather than from the actual bus stop round the corner on Nicol Road...

Cheers!
Sponsored Links

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 10:22am
Love it! Nope never heard of it, some of the others on here will probably know though!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
CharlieB View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 1:38pm
Hi,  If you look Google maps there are a couple of little blue bus icons on Grove Lane just around the corner from the Leisure Centre just past Leachcroft.

I think you're safe to wait there as looks to be a legitimate stop :)
CharlieB
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 2:19pm
Is the bus stop that is there an "and opposite" one? They sometimes have something such like, or have arrows, on them that indicate it.

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
ma0nps View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ma0nps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 12:15am
Thanks! I'll have a look for the "and opposite" thing. Had never heard of it before but that would make sense!
ma0nps View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ma0nps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 12:16am
It is one of those lovely quirky things though...
Libtek View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 8:28pm
TThatiis a bus stop. My in laws use it as it's easier than walking over to the one by the leisure centre.
Weekends are a bit like rainbows. They look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
ma0nps View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ma0nps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 9:32pm
It definitely is- any idea why there isn't any bus stop sign though?
ma0nps View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ma0nps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 9:33pm
Just realised I never did check out the "and opposite" thing. Could still be that!
 Post Reply Post Reply