Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Campers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Campers
    Posted: 18 July 2017 at 10:35pm
We seem to have new campers on the common
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 11:09pm
Are they part of the Camping and Caravanning Club
Chuckles View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 11:15pm
I do believe that they like dags
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 6:49am
That is a serious amount of caravans...there are dogs tied up everywhere...gas canisters...what a mess...I just moved to the area and love that common...what are the rules about how long they can stay?
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 9:27am
Rod, you have moved into a lovely area.  No doubt they will be moved on soon.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 11:12am
It could take a week or more apparently..........
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 11:15am
Im sure its a standard process that Councils, Dag Owners, Police and Solicitors are all aware of
Libtek View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 11:43am
II've just been past there and there are over 30 caravans. Lots of them have vans with ladders on the top so we can expect lots of rip off work being done.  I can still remember the absolute filthy and dangerous mess that the last lot of travellers left when they invaded Mill Meadow some years ago.
Can I ask please that people who use the tennis club, allotments and the playing fields, start closing and locking the metal gate after them, so that when the caravans are moved on, they can't try and relocate down there. I know theres not a lot of room but the caravans are like fleas. Where there is one there are are soon lots more and the tennis club car park and other pull ins can be utilised.
Weekends are a bit like rainbows. They look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
BuzzBunny View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 11:46am
I know that it is being dealt with, but I believe that the person who is working hard on sorting it out is on holiday ( but still working on it with Police etc. ) so it might take a bit longer than people would hope.

Chuckles View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 11:58am
Originally posted by BuzzBunny BuzzBunny wrote:

I know that it is being dealt with, but I believe that the person who is working hard on sorting it out is on holiday ( but still working on it with Police etc. ) so it might take a bit longer than people would hope.
The longer it takes, the bigger the clean-up bill will be...

It's a pity that the countermeasures installed after the last such incursion were so utterly ineffective - apparently the wooden bollards were out in under 30 seconds, and the smaller caravans were just driving straight onto the common from halfway along Gold Hill West.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>