Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flags down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flags down
    Posted: 17 July 2017 at 1:19pm
The Chamber of Commerce will be taking the flags in the village down this Wednesday 19th. As always we'd be very grateful if anyone can spare an hour or two to help out.  If you have ladders please bring them along.  We're meeting at the notice board in the precinct at 6pm.  
Sponsored Links

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 5:32pm
Hi Everyone, sadly we've had to cancel changing the flags this evening as there haven't been enough volunteers. Such a shame, I know most people would say the flags are one of the things they love about the village, sad therefore we can't scrape together a pretty small number of volunteers to do the change over, it's such a lovely thing to be involved in too. When we have a new date Marie or I will post it, please join us, we'd love to meet you!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 7:26pm
Hi EmmaO Sorry I missed your post and turned up anyway. Still we got a good few flags down.
Post on here if you need help in the future and I will respond so you know who is turning up.
Thanks for organising.
Keep the green belt green
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 10:56pm
It was lovely to see you, I'd love to take the credit but I don't organise anything with the flags just post on here occasionally and turn up to be the muscle occasionally too! ;) Vince Pells does all the hard work with a couple of others!

Edited by EmmaO - 19 July 2017 at 10:56pm
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 9:50am
sorry  i couldnt make it to help, - i do think weekends  may initiate more support/ volunteers, 

wednesday evening at that time i was still commuting so couldnt help take flags down.......

just a thought...

need a stella and i need one now !
Marie View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 10:02am
Thanks everyone, the flags came down last Wednesday as the message didn't get out to everyone. Thanks to Emma, Vince and Henry who got them all down between them. We tried a Wednesday evening this time as lots of people say they can't do Sundays but maybe we'll revert back to Sundays again.  

We're hoping for new flags shortly so will be asking for help again soon. :)
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 11:24am
Am I just being thick but who puts the flags up to start with ? Isn't it their role to take them back down ?
BuzzBunny View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 11:59am
I guess that the people that take them down each time were probably of the group who very kindly put them up in the first place.

I think it is all a voluntary effort, and so no one actually owns a role to have to do it, it is just done out of a desire to make the village smart and help make people smile as they pass through.

I always thought the Chamber of commerce governed it, but didn't actually do the raising and lowering.

Edited by BuzzBunny - 24 July 2017 at 12:01pm
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 3:10pm
several active villagers  organise the putting up of the flags and the christmas lights... and then the taking down of such items, 

all volunteers.....

and well done to CSP, best kept village again !
need a stella and i need one now !
Marie View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 8:45am
GXCSP -  the Chalfont St Peter Chamber of Commerce is responsible for the street decorations (flags and christmas lights) and rely on memberships from local businesses and other donations to pay for them. We also fund raise throughout the year at Feast Day and Fun Nights.  As we are a relatively small committee of volunteers we have always asked for help from the local residents and businesses with the street decorations. It is usually very well attended and there is always a lovely community spirit.  This time around we changed the day as lots of people who wanted to get involved couldn't make the Sunday, it looks like we will revert back to Sunday again.  

If you want to find out more about the Chamber, you can have a look at our website www.cspchamber.co.uk ;

We have also recently launched our Keep it Local CSP directory of local businesses www.keepitlocalcsp.co.uk  You may have seen the promotional material in shops and advertising boards in gardens around the village.  We also have a Facebook page where you can keep up to date with news from the Chamber and local businesses.  
 Post Reply Post Reply