Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HS2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 1:48pm
What a colossal waste of money
Sponsored Links

Nikblik View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikblik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 11:51pm
I've scanned through the document. I recognise we have only just moved here so it could be argued we dont really have a stake to complain. And I'm not complaining, that would be like moving to near Heathrow then complaining about the noise of planes! But I am not an engineer so keen to understand what it means in practice for CSP please? For example will the roads across to Rickmansworth be closed? How much will a tunnel construction affect CSP residents on that side? Will it be noisy? How will lorries get access? When does it start and how long for? Is it 100% going ahead? Where else is affected locally? It really seems like a huge vanity project at £400 milion a mile which is staggering, if correct!
LilyRose View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LilyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 7:54am
I'm afraid I don't know too much either. I do know that Chalfont Road (near the motorway) will be closing in the next few months. So the only access to Rickmansworth will be Rickmansworth Lane or Chalfont Lane (confusingly similar name but this is the one that has Newland Park on it and goes into CSG). Roberts Lane will be closed to through traffic to stop it being used as a rat run. A new road is being built alongside the M25. I believe earth extracted will go on to lorries and straight onto m25 but I'm not sure. There is a HUGE depot being built at the end of Tilehouse Lane. I think the traffic will be awful on the North Orbital road. The building of a vent on Denham Lane will be very disruptive for local residents and people using that road too. Pretty awful all round but I guess it depends on where you live in CSP as to how much it will affect you. As for noise pollution - who knows! This will go on for about a decade.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 9:16am
Lilly, What is going to be the impact on Joiners Lane and Denham Lane do we know?

I get the impression from looking at everything on Google maps that most of the access into the area will be in the North Orbital Road / end of West Hyde Lane area.  I cant see why Chalfont St Peter will be used for access really

Edited by MV Owner - 19 July 2017 at 9:20am
LilyRose View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 9:22am
The only info I have found is through doing lots of googling. I have seen some traffic predictions on roads around CSP but I can't remember where. I will take another look.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 9:25am
Cheers.  I dont want to sound selfish but I am trying to establish the affects on the Roads in CSP.  Of course none of us want a building site on their doorstep, Im actually trying to find out how CSP will actually be affected.
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 2:01pm
I understand that lorries with spoil, and deliveries for the construction of the shaft to be built along Denham Lane near Ashwell Farm will come along Denham Lane and down Joiners Lane to the roundabout.
Sunray
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12