Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hill Farm. Joiners lane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hill Farm. Joiners lane
    Posted: 12 January 2017 at 7:33pm
Hi, Does anyone know where I may find photos of the old Hill Farm that was off joiners lane opposite Chestnut close. I used to play in the old derelict farm house when I was around 9 years old. I lived in Copthall lane and my friend lived in Chestnut close, we used to meet up there and play. She became my wife and she died a few years ago. I would love to find some old photos of the farm house.
Sponsored Links

efitzy View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 8:56pm
Hi Paul, I now live in chestnut close and was wondering if it was always the three houses or wat there something there before?
LilyRose View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 10:24pm
https://www.coam.org.uk/about-us/historic-buildings/historic-chilterns-farm/

They have Hill Farm Barn at Chiltern Open Air Museum.
NessieB View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NessieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 6:58pm
Paul

I live in Hill Farm Rd, over the last couple of years plaques of memorable CSP historic buildings have been put up round the village, one has been put up in the road in the last 24hours of the old house - I would've liked to have attached picture for you, but there doesn't seem to be the facility to add pictures
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 9:33am
you can add pictures to this forum, 

alot of people use a 3rd party image hosting website and then post the link on here..

i have just done a version as an example- in the following post

go to free image hosting website- upload the image you want, copy the link... and post on here...

see example below

Edited by big baggles - 22 February 2017 at 9:39am
need a stella and i need one now !
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 9:37am
need a stella and i need one now !
HEArchive View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HEArchive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 4:40pm
Hi Paul,

A long time after your question but if you didn't find a picture of Hill Farm we have one here in the Historic England Archive 

I was just researching when the farm was demolished when I saw your post. 

Kind regards,

Cathy
HE Archive

DogChops View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogChops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2021 at 12:26pm
Slightly digging up an old thread here, but I am trying to research former occupants of Hill Farm. I have the name of Geoffrey Royle who was there from (at least) 1939-1964 but if anyone knows the names of earlier occupants please let me know!
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2021 at 7:52am
From some copies of old name & street directories (years noted), occupiers of Hill Farm:

1917 - C.S. Bell
1921 - Hy. Wheeler (?? at Warren Farm in 1917)
1929, 31 & 33 - C.S. Bell
1935 onward - G.T.F. Royle
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
DogChops View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogChops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2023 at 9:37pm
I'm good at digging up old threads...thanks for that ArtB.

I was doing a during-covid project for Chiltern Open Air Museum on past occupants of their buildings. Now I need to find what I did with the research...!

Post Reply Post Reply