Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Precinct Car Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 7:49pm
i simply do not understand why people moan about the precinct parking. It’s 1 hour just like the church road car park and Market Place. It ain’t rocket science and it’s very fair compared to before when people parked there for hours on end blocking 2 spaces. I’ve explained the legal background earlier in this thread but the thing that really gets me is that everybody I’ve spoken to about this in the village lives within a 10 minute walk (the Heights, Lovel Road, Lower Rd etc). Eff’s sake come on!!!! Walk down for goodness sake. Don’t drive and then moan because you’ve been caught out because you’re too lazy to walk into the Village you purport to be proud of! Clowns. 🤡 
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 8:41pm
I have to say Alpina, I have a problem disagreeing with anything you have said there (other than calling people clowns).  I love walking down into the village and find the parking behind the Church fine.  I used to worry no end about my car in the precinct as even though it is small I used to worry it would get dented

Edited by MV Owner - 23 July 2018 at 9:01pm
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 11:54am
I suggest that going forward, if anybody from the Village gets a precinct parking notice, they should be forced to buy a red nose and wig from the party shop opposite and wear them for a week. 😂

Edited by AlpinaB5 - 24 July 2018 at 11:55am
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 12:35pm
Would that be a criminal or civil issue Alpina!?
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by AlpinaB5 AlpinaB5 wrote:

i simply do not understand why people moan about the precinct parking. It’s 1 hour just like the church road car park and Market Place. It ain’t rocket science and it’s very fair compared to before when people parked there for hours on end blocking 2 spaces. I’ve explained the legal background earlier in this thread but the thing that really gets me is that everybody I’ve spoken to about this in the village lives within a 10 minute walk (the Heights, Lovel Road, Lower Rd etc). Eff’s sake come on!!!! Walk down for goodness sake. Don’t drive and then moan because you’ve been caught out because you’re too lazy to walk into the Village you purport to be proud of! Clowns. 🤡 

That's true, AlpinaB5, so long as you are young enough and fit enough to carry your bags of groceries back home up Chalfont Heights, Gravel Hill, etc. If not, however, by all means, park in the precinct, but buy nothing. I suspect M&S et all know they'd do even more business if it weren't for the parking issues. Like most folks in CSP, I Shop at Tesco, GX, where the parking is free for 3 hours.
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 7:02pm
Bucks Fizz, I agree entirely. If you’re not able to to use M&S and the precinct within an hour for shopping, you’re better off out of the village. For all our sakes. 

AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 7:05pm
that would depend how good you look. In some cases it would be criminal. Some would be civil. Alternatively, it could be uncivil. Hey ho.
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 10:49pm
I never quite understand how some people are willing to pay 10s of thousands of pounds for their cars but seen to have a problem paying £1.50 for parking ?

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 11:18pm
some people believe parking should be free Lesley
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2018 at 5:13pm
it is free, and it works well as I use Costa and M&S more and more and there is usually a parking place. 

As for the conditions of parking, whilst it’s true they are probably not keeping watch like they were in Budgens, the fact remains that you have to be shopping on site to use the car park. 

So it’s a bit like overstaying on Market Place or parking on double yellow lines, you may not get caught but you are not abiding by the conditions if you leave the precinct and shop elsewhere. Even if within the given hour. 

Edited by Malc London - 26 July 2018 at 5:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>