Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Precinct Car Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 5:11pm
Sponsored Links

AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 5:41pm
Thank goodness somebody finally understands it’s a civil law matter not a criminal law issue.
purbeckgirl View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purbeckgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 9:25pm
Many thanks to all for their helpful comments, which I have mulled over at some length.

Given that I broke the rules, they were clearly stated, CarFlow have indulged in no sharp practices and were within their rights as far as I can see, I don’t think I have any grounds to appeal.

Apparently this is civil not criminal as you say, so if I don’t pay I could be taken to small claims court, which would cost a whole heap more.  Or it might be forgotten, in which case I’d save my £60.  All depends on how efficient CarFlow are. 
CarFlow took 10 days to send the penalty, including photos of me driving in and out of the car park, to my home address (DVLA no doubt) so they seem pretty efficient.

After much gnashing and wailing, I girded my loins and paid the fine.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 9:37pm
I think I would probably have paid the fine too.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 11:21am
Pay or not pay, it all depends on the nature/wording of the notice.
If you receive a 'fine' from a parking company you can claim for harassment under Section3 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 on the basis that no legal 'fine' exists and they are unable to show you any legislation allowing them to 'fine' anyone. 
The notice you received no doubt was specifically designed to look like an official council-type parking notice.
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 11:23am
Originally posted by purbeckgirl purbeckgirl wrote:

Many thanks to all for their helpful comments, which I have mulled over at some length.

Given that I broke the rules, they were clearly stated, CarFlow have indulged in no sharp practices and were within their rights as far as I can see, I don’t think I have any grounds to appeal.

Apparently this is civil not criminal as you say, so if I don’t pay I could be taken to small claims court, which would cost a whole heap more.  Or it might be forgotten, in which case I’d save my £60.  All depends on how efficient CarFlow are. 
CarFlow took 10 days to send the penalty, including photos of me driving in and out of the car park, to my home address (DVLA no doubt) so they seem pretty efficient.

After much gnashing and wailing, I girded my loins and paid the fine.

Re photo of me driving car out of car park.
Does the picture clearly show you or just somebody driving?  Not sure if I would have paid.

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 5:35am
The Civil Law nature of the issue means it is irrelevant who was driving the car. 
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 8:12am
Just a reminder that you can only park there if using the precinct shops. If you want to go to the High Street or Market Place then you need to move your car. 

The plus sign is that people visiting the shops can usually get parked.  
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 1:52pm
plenty of  shoppers park there for an hour and shop on the market place malc... 

what if you need cash and have to go to the atm at barclays in the market place... what a load of tosh
need a stella and i need one now !
CharlieB View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 1:59pm
They only monitor your car registration plate going in and then out.  They don't monitor where you shop so parking there and shopping up the market place wont get you in to trouble with a ticket so I wouldn't worry about that at all.
CharlieB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>