Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Precinct Car Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 6:43am
It will come. They are there to make money. Remember the last lot, clamping cars at night?

I will probably benefit as the last time I tried to buy a sandwich from Halls I couldn't get parked and didn't have time to park elsewhere. But generally I don't think I'll use the shops as much.
Sponsored Links

prjohnsonnn View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote prjohnsonnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2016 at 12:02am
Hi - i have had a ticket for overstaying the hour and am now in full flow getting it independently reviewed at POPLA (the parking adjudicator).  Without giving too much away on here the signage and tickets are almost certainly NOT legally enforceable.  Carflow who 'manage' the whole mess down there have got themselves in a right mess and have tripped up.... anyone else who is sitting on the standard £100 ticket (reduced to  £60 if paid promptly..!!) then drop a note to me and i will be glad to help .  No catch and no fees...i am just someone who positively hates these scammers and i am happy to help.

PJ

email me at yourparkingrights@gmail.com..... just created this address to help others out who have been scammed by these leeches

yourparkingrights@gmail.com
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2016 at 6:39pm
Dear prjohnsonnn,

Excellent post!  Whilst I have no need of your advice I think your generous offer openly posted on this public forum is to be commended,

P
prjohnsonnn View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote prjohnsonnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2016 at 11:55am
Here is a good first appeal to Carflow . Send as soon as you receive the first letter from them.  They will probably kick it back but it shows the motorist knows his 'stuff' and alerts them to the fact that at the if it goes to the second POPLA appeal stage then the motorist is almost certain to win on any n umber of grounds. 

1 - I received this ticket. I am appealing as the registered keeper

2 - I am aware that your signage is not sufficient to satisfy either the BoP Code of Practise or the ANPR requirements under the Data Protection Act. the ticket is therefore not enforceable.  Many appeals have been won on these grounds already at POPLA and in the event you do not agree to my appeal here now then you will lose at POPLA

3 - The tickets are being issued by Carflow and I require to see the  full unredacted copy  evidence of the contract that you have giving you the authority to a)manage , b) ticket and invoice at this car park and c) proceed to full legal redress including court proceedings.  I do not believe you have this and now that I have asked for this copy of the contract you are indeed obliged to show me. You will say 'no you dont' but I assure you that you are obliged to show me this now and in the event that you do not then this is an automatic win for me at POPLA

4 - Signage at the car park has NO Planning permission according to our Council investigation.  This will again be cited at POPLA

5 - Reasonable Commercial justification..... following the Beavis vs Parking Eye decision I am now able to require you to set out the full  the  'reasonable commercial justification' for the amount being charged.  Please send me details of how the amount is arrived at and demonstrate the commercial justification for the excessive amount being charged for this very short overstay.  

6 - VAT Invoice - as the amount you are claiming here is not being described as a 'fine or penalty' then it is an amount subject to VAT.   Inland revenue & Customs will be informed in the evnt that you do not provide this VAT invoice to me

In event you decline my appeal on any of the grounds above then send me a POPLA code with immediate effect

Regards

yourparkingrights@gmail.com
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2016 at 4:16pm
Well the challenge has been won: http://www.getbucks.co.uk/news/local-news/campaigners-delighted-successful-parking-charge-11209121

I'm not sure this isn't a pyrrhic victory, though. We could end up with searchlights in the car park. I notice it's still four fifths empty these days, and I, for one have stopped shopping there. Sorry, Halls Bakery. People vote with their feet - and they rarely return.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2016 at 7:36pm
i spoke to jenny in halls and she was saying alot of the precinct traders are in favour as people can actually nip in, park easily, make purchases and then leave easily ....so its not all doom and gloom, some traders like the new regulations
need a stella and i need one now !
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2016 at 8:06pm
Yes that's what I'd heard too and it's certainly been easier for me to shop there, as I said on the other thread though, I wish it was for longer, two or three hours.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2016 at 6:55am
I and most of my neighbours have actually stopped shopping in CSP altogether now, chiefly because of the parking but also because Budgens stocks are being run down and none of us is a fan of the Co-op. Since we have to take the car out anyway in order to carry groceries home, we might as well drive that little bit further, use Tesco car park and take the 3 hours free parking to browse the shops there, meet friends, buy books, have a coffee etc.

The CSP traders may not have noticed that CSP has shops standing empty whilst GX does not.

I imagine it was the all day parking by staff at those offices along the A413 that caused the issues in the first place? You'll now find them parking at the community centre.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2016 at 8:03am
Must admit, it has stopped me shopping in the village. It is good for Halls, I have previously tried to park at lunchtime and ended up going elsewhere so I will benefit eventually, but I've stopped visiting the other shops, including Flames and Judds.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2016 at 8:42am
malc dont you still get your wooly pullies from M and co ?
need a stella and i need one now !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>